Another bundle for geetar players, plus new fuzz and overdrive modules

Steve W

Re: Another bundle for geetar players, plus new fuzz and overdrive modules

Post by Steve W »

Interesting idea. Thanks for the suggestion, huggermugger. I have been enjoying AULDELAY, but I tend to assign MIDI CCs using knobs and sliders. I will have to try out your method, too!!

I just tried. I only used the Remote Control Module once before, but just figured it out. Now the usb knobs control the AUDDELAY knobs through the Remote Control Module. As a bonus the Remote Control Module now allows for CVs to automate the same parameters controlled manually using usb knobs/sliders. Nice to know about this!!
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

Steve W wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:06 am As a bonus the Remote Control Module now allows for CVs to automate the same parameters controlled manually using usb knobs/sliders.
This is really the point of Remote Control. Mapping your USB controllers to the plugin parameters via Remote Control seems redundant to me. Maybe the initial value settings give you more precision, but otherwise you might as well do what you were already doing, mapping them directly to the plugin. But having CV access to all the parameters, including the initial amount and a control amount, is truly awesome.
ravasb

Post by ravasb »

UrbanCyborg wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:38 am Unless the Snark is a Boojum, you see.... :D
True. I am still hunting for one.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

huggermugger wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:31 pm Mapping your USB controllers to the plugin parameters via Remote Control seems redundant to me.
Actually, now that I have given it more thought, I agree: using the Remote Control module for most of what I do would be superfluous. It would make for extra work, would clutter valuable screen space, and would be a visual distraction. There are a couple of instances where it might be useful, though.

Return to “Waverley Instruments”