Using midi controller to switch preset

Dreamsynth is a tribute to the celebrated hybrid analog/digital synthesizers of the mid-to-late 1980s.
Doc Joe

Using midi controller to switch preset

Post by Doc Joe »

Hi CA hive mind,

I am developing a controller script for my Novation LP Pro3 and am looking for a way to select (or cycle through) the Dreamsynth presets via MIDI .

Basically, I just need to known if there is a way to graba MIDI signal and use that to change the preset. So far, I have not been able to find any documentation on how to do that. Can someone please point me the right direction.

Best regards,
Joe
Steve W

Re: Using midi controller to switch preset

Post by Steve W »

I don't have Dreamsynth, but I am wondering if you are using it as a standalone Instrument or if you are using it in a host. That MIGHT make a difference. I just tried Eight Voice (standalone mode). Under Settings > Interface I have "MIDI Program Changes Should Change Current Preset." That works. Does Dreamsynth have that setting?**

Also, the last time I asked CA products do not support bank switching. If that's still the case, only the first 128 presets in the current collection would be selectable via MIDI.

Hope this helps.

**I just checked 5 other CA Instruments in standalone mode. They all have this setting. And it works in all of them. I would be surprised if it was not in Dreamsynth.

In fact, it IS there!!!!!! "MIDI Program Changes Should Change Current Preset- Allows MIDI program change messages to change Dreamsynth patches."
Doc Joe wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:47 pm I am developing a controller script for my Novation LP Pro3 and am looking for a way to select (or cycle through) the Dreamsynth presets via MIDI .

Basically, I just need to known if there is a way to graba MIDI signal and use that to change the preset. So far, I have not been able to find any documentation on how to do that.*** Can someone please point me the right direction.
***Here ya go:

https://docs.cherryaudio.com/cherry-aud ... h/settings

Return to “Dreamsynth”