Rackmode Frequency Shifter vs VM900 1630

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
HowlingMod

Rackmode Frequency Shifter vs VM900 1630

Post by HowlingMod »

what is the difference between the Rackmode Frequency Shifter and the VM900 1630 Frequency Shifter?
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
MRBarton

Re: Rackmode Frequency Shifter vs VM900 1630

Post by MRBarton »

Nothing.

In general, the Rackmode modules for VM contain the same code as their plugin counterparts. However, they are more versatile due to their patchable modulation possibilities not found on the plugins. The RM Frequency Shifter will be redundant to you if you own the VM900 bundle, however it is included in this collection for those that don't.
MRBarton

Post by MRBarton »

Let me just add that the Frequency Shifter did appear in hardware as a rack unit and as a 900 module.
HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

MRBarton wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:17 am Nothing.

In general, the Rackmode modules for VM contain the same code as their plugin counterparts. However, they are more versatile due to their patchable modulation possibilities not found on the plugins. The RM Frequency Shifter will be redundant to you if you own the VM900 bundle, however it is included in this collection for those that don't.
ok, totally makes sense, that is of course included in the Rackmode Module collection/bundle.

but was just wondering, and i already had the feeling, but i am no expert on all what moog did make, that they were essentially the same.

i own, of course (of course? of course! quite deep in Voltage Modular, of course also the VM2500, wow, wow, both wow, wow, wow), the VM900 collection, the bode filter is one of my favorites also for patches that aren't moog based, so to say...

thank you for direct and clear response.

will certainly buy the Rackmode modules, at some point, because, well... the plugin counterparts already tempted me, but within VM, they can give me more, personal workflow, etc.. but, at some point, i will acquire them; bought already too much for VM, and other stuff....

again a great extension for VM! i wish i could buy them now, but o well, there are advantages to wait.. enough to work and play with, and buying things in one month, well, too much...

non-important info, but i think every user, has the same experience....
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
SynthBaron

Post by SynthBaron »

The Rackmode FS does not include separate up/down outputs like the VM900 version does, just a mixed output. Which is disappointing, because I the separate outputs panned hard left/right for stereo imaging.

Return to “Voltage Modular”