Artefacts sounding like a Bit Crusher

Stardust 201 is a hot-rodded interpretation of the classic Roland "Space Echo" tape echo effects of the 70s and 80s.
nkf

Re: Artefacts sounding like a Bit Crusher

Post by nkf »

Sounddust 201 sounds basically like a very good replica - as mentioned I had a bunch of original Space Echos in the past.
The bug was easily reproducible in N11 on the Mac. I sent here sound examples how it sounds - this is not a weird result of its capabilities.
There is no crash log, as it doesn't crash.
I haven't checked all this again, I'm now on Nuendo 12, and just forgot about SoundDust. The other problem was the design decision to make the noise stay all the time. Noise is a problem for delicate productions, I described this in another thread.
Because I bought other products from Cherry, I came here back to the forum for other topics and it reminded me to have a look at my old complains.
Therefore I wrote my about my disappointment of nothing happened.
I wrote off SD 201, it was cheap and it is no biggie.
But I don't came here to ask for advice from strangers how to tackle specific moments in life concerning bugs and reports and what to use and so on.
It is helpful to know that this problem is not appearing in other DAWS though.
My enthusiasm for the nice Space Echo replica by Cherry is over, but I enjoy Cherry's other products a lot. I used Voltage Modular (besides many other tools) as a complex noise machine for an immersive project, where my audio design was part of, which got 2020 an important international award. I just mention this to make clear, that I don't need advice what to do with what.
When I do testing for a company it is mostly to follow my own interests in optimising the tools I like to use for a long period of time. Hard criticism of problems with proofs brought me close to honest people in the hardware and software industry (they're eager to replicate the problem, not leaving it to me to explain everything to the last detail - I'm not an idiot you have to guide with a leash of bug report rituals) - and I gained some interesting friendships by this.
Furthermore it is a more complex topic which I'm also interested in - the social and cultural responsibility for technological developments.
I wish all well, I'm done with this topic. Thank you.
woau

Re: Artefacts sounding like a Bit Crusher

Post by woau »

Its funny reading this back. Nkf you basically said and did a whole bunch of things, except follow most of the CA instructions. And thats the most important thing if you want to be helped. I doubt you'll suddenly have that insight now, but it would have saved yourself time too.

Return to “Stardust 201 Tape Echo”