Start stop record with sequencer?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Bytebait

Start stop record with sequencer?

Post by Bytebait »

Anyone know a way I can start and stop the recording using the Rec Gate and the 8 Step Sequencer? The goal would be to start recording when I hit Play and Stop recording when I hit stop.
huggermugger

Re: Start stop record with sequencer?

Post by huggermugger »

Easy. Use a master on/off switch (Buttons 2/1 works beautifully). The third section of Bttns 2/1 gives you a toggle function with a single button push. Simultaneously activate Play on the Sequencer and the Rec Gate. While Bttns is "on" (lit purple), the gate stays high, so the Recording continues. When you shut it "off" the gate closes, so the recording stops.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 4.13.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 4.13.09 PM.png (817.65 KiB) Viewed 798 times
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Bytebait wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:50 pm Anyone know a way I can start and stop the recording using the Rec Gate and the 8 Step Sequencer? The goal would be to start recording when I hit Play and Stop recording when I hit stop.
There are probably many ways to do that. One method would be to use buttons/switches. Personally I find P.Moon's free Button modules handy. Button 3 of the 2/1 module latches (on/off) and has both an out and an inverse out.

If the out is connected to the start of the sequencer and the record gate, both should start when you press button 3 so its on. If the inverse is connected to the sequencer's stop, pressing button 3 will stop the sequencer, stop the recording, and turn the light on button 3 off.

Just one method. I am sure you can use other methods as well.

Update: See huggermugger's image.
Bytebait

Post by Bytebait »

Amazing. Then I just press the 3 button for On/Off. Brilliant, thank you kindly!
Amine_Belkhouche

Post by Amine_Belkhouche »

Thank you huggermugger. I just tried this and it was a lot fun.
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

Amine_Belkhouche wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:32 pm Thank you huggermugger. I just tried this and it was a lot fun.
You're welcome! :) The Bttns module is useful in a few different situations, and worth knowing about.

Return to “Voltage Modular”