A bug in the Beta functionality?

nekomatic

A bug in the Beta functionality?

Post by nekomatic »

I have just added something to one of my already published modules. But is seems as soon as I put this build into Beta it appeared in store without approval. Alsa all instances of the module in my patches in VM chanved into the beta build.

I dont believe this is a desired behavour. This denies the purpose of the Beta stage which I believe is intended to let limited number of people test not yet released versions of a module...
nekomatic

Re: A bug in the Beta functionality?

Post by nekomatic »

I removed the module from the Beta but when checked couple of minutes later it was still in the store...

I'm worried a bit because this means the store may contain potentially incomplete version of a module, and the manufacturer does not have much chance to swap it back with the published version.
Captain

Post by Captain »

I recently noticed something similar, and wrote to the CA support about it yesterday: if you send a new build of a module from the Module Designer, or create a new build for a bundle, changes you make to the new build seem to be immediately public and visible in the shop, even if that build is not yet even sent for approval. This includes stuff like description text, modules included in a bundle, etc. Caused me some hassle yesterday when I tried to add a new product to an existing bundle: I created a new build of the bundle, updated the description text and added the module (which wasn’t even sent for approval yet), but then noticed that these changes were already visible in the shop, so I had to revert everything back right away.

You are right, this is clearly not how it is supposed to work. I guess the whole point of having different builds that can be published to the world etc. is that you can prepare everything ”behind the scenes” at your own pace, and be sure no-one will see anything incomplete. Anyway, they promised to look into it, so we’ll see!
Cherry Andy
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Andy »

Hi all I'm Andy the web dev for Cherry Audio. I'm looking into this as it is indeed not the intended behavior.
- Andy (Cherry Audio)
Cherry Andy
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Andy »

This should be fixed in 2.2.16 which I'm deploying now!

Let me know if there's any issues.

Andy
- Andy (Cherry Audio)
Captain

Post by Captain »

Thanks! I tried creating a new build of a bundle, and looks like the store correctly shows the description text from published build, not the latest one. However, when I preview a specific non-published build of a bundle (so that that the build number is included in the URL), the store _still_ shows the description from the published bundle, and not the one specified in the URL. The ”included products” -tab seems to follow the build number in the URL correctly.

Not a showstopper by any means, but if this could also be fixed, the world would be a better place! :D

Return to “Module Designer”