Cherry Audio Testing - some suggestions

AndyMac

Cherry Audio Testing - some suggestions

Post by AndyMac »

Based on some recent new module releases over the past few months, can I make a few suggestions for some potentially additional testing that Cherry Audio do to new modules (both their own, which I'm sure they do, and for third party ones):
- make sure that the module is in the correct category
- make sure that tooltips for knobs, sliders, etc. are actually used (and not just the "knob1", "knob2"... defaults)
- make sure that the manufacturer details for new manufacturers have at least a contact email address for bug reports
nekomatic

Re: Cherry Audio Testing - some suggestions

Post by nekomatic »

Testing is obiously important but I would also like to see a comprehensive guide for manufacturers. As a new guy in the module development community I would prefer to get things right BEFORE submitting my modules for approval...
Would be nice to have some hints in the right places in the manufacturer's portal - i.e. would be good if the Beta process was clarified closer to the 'submit for beta' button.. etc.
nekomatic

Re: Cherry Audio Testing - some suggestions

Post by nekomatic »

I believe whoever processes the approvals needs to pay a bit more attention... My bundle has been rejected because the containing modules must be approved first - a fair reason, one may say... the problem is that all the modules in this bundle have been already approved and published to the store....

Return to “Module Designer”