VMD compilations hang

DoctorG

VMD compilations hang

Post by DoctorG »

Hello,
I've updated to version 1.3.13 and keep seeing this problem, which is new.

When I hit Cmd-B to compile the module it usually works fine. However, just occasionally, the Output pane just says "Compile started" and that's all I get. No compilation takes place and further requests to compile do nothing.

Luckily I can save the project, quit and re-enter VMD. Then it's ok again - for a little while.

Sorry - I can't work out what the conditions that cause this. It seems fairly random.

Thanks..
gary
CherryRuss

Re: VMD compilations hang

Post by CherryRuss »

Hi Gary.

When you have the chance, please send us a log file from a session when the compile fails to finish. If you click the "Open Log Files Folder" in the Preferences dialog (on the 'Miscellaneous' page), it'll show you the folder where the file gets created; it'll be called ModuleDesigner.log.

Thanks,
Russ
JackOats

Re: VMD compilations hang

Post by JackOats »

the Output pane just says "Compile started" and that's all I get. No compilation takes place and further requests to compile do nothing.
Same here. Switching off completely & restarting VMD seems the only way to 'jump start' the compiler.
iMac 27/Catalina/3.5 GBh Intel Core i7/16 GB Ram/3 TB HD
The masculine includes the feminine (Guys)
Google: 'JackOats' to see my Soundcloud page, 'Brian Watterson - Vimeo' for my Videos.

Return to “Module Designer”