Way to force redraw/refresh of module GUI/elements

AndyMac

Way to force redraw/refresh of module GUI/elements

Post by AndyMac »

I am looking at providing users with the option to select their own mid-point for time based knobs - specifically on Envelopes, I am allowing a range of 0-12secs and would like to offer mid points of 1sec (Moog-like), 3secs and 5secs (close to linear). I can make the change to the knobs BUT there does not seem to be a way to force them to redraw in their new position.

My first option was:
timeKnob.SetMidpointValue( value );
which worked in terms of the setting but did not redraw the knob until you moved the mouse over the knob.

I also tried:
timeKnob.SetMidpointValue( value );
timeKnob.SetValue( timeKnobGetValue() );
but this also does not redraw the knob.

On this module I am using GUIScreenRefresh for the LED indicators for the state of the envelope, so I would expect that this would have redrawn things correctly.

Is this a bug, or is there a way to force the refresh on either the individual element of the GUI or the whole module? And if not, is this something that could be added?
CherryRuss

Re: Way to force redraw/refresh of module GUI/elements

Post by CherryRuss »

It's actually a bug that SetMidpointValue wasn't causing the knob to get redrawn. We've fixed this for the next build. Last week's build had a few issues we had to fix, so we're making new builds again this week, and if all goes well, it should be out sometime next week along with the preset-loading notifications you're still waiting for. Thanks for your patience!
AndyMac

Re: Way to force redraw/refresh of module GUI/elements

Post by AndyMac »

Thanks - that's good news, and no problem. I have put the changes that need the preset loading notification onto my backlog for my next release or point release of my plugins, I'll also include this feature in that backlog item --- now I've got R2 of my modules out, I'm intending to let it all settle for a while, fix any bugs that get found, and focus on using the tools and my other software/plugins that I use to compose/produce my music for a bit :-)

Return to “Module Designer”