Modules WIP

JoGala

Modules WIP

Post by JoGala »

Ok, those are my first test,
The matrix mixer and the attenuverters works, in the oscillators instead the code is a little messy (I have to improve my Java skills ) and FM stuff in the second oscillator is not finished yet (I'm testing exponentials index changing with blue knob but again my theory has to be converted in code and sometimes I made mistakes :oops: )

The panels GUI also have to be revamped so is just a WIP

But I'm having fun enough to share so if any early developer is interested in testing/help PM and I'll send an invitation link ;)

Cheers!!

Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Re: Modules WIP

Post by Cherry Dan »

JoGala,

We are seriously impressed with your efforts so far! These modules look great, and I can see that you've figured things out very quickly. If you have any questions at all about the Module Designer, please feel free to ask.

You can skin your own controls, so you're not limited to our knobs/buttons/etc. Again, let us know if you have questions about that.

Thanks so much for sharing! We're excited to see & hear what your modules can do.

Dan
JoGala

Post by JoGala »

Thx a lot! Yeah i'm making progress, just few question / request:

- in the designer test module, I would add a kind of dev box ( display showing outputs/inputs value ) and maybe a gate button or lfo.
or better...
would be great to have a kind of small dev module pack you can load in debugging mode ( like the library in the user version but with dev modules ... sorry for my bad english explanation lol) .

- Shortcuts for GUI editing ( tab for next compoment or ctrl+arrow, just not to mouse pointing evry jack/knob) and multiple selection possibility in code window (if possible)...

-I've tried making a SVG for custom Jacks but fail to load ( sowing just the box ). I've tried different software (AI, Inkscape) but nothing... works with png and jpg and your's svg ( in programdata folder ) but not with a modified or new version...

Template examples I would like to study :
-Envelope/trigger template would be great!
-How can i snap a knob for fixed rotation (for octave switching style knob )

All the best!
Jo
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

Jo,

Voltage Modular 1.0.0 and Voltage Module Designer 1.0.0 have been released, and address some of your concerns. To install them:

1) Log in to your account at https://store.cherryaudio.com/
2) Click on Library in the upper-right hand corner.
3) Find your Early Access Voltage Pack order and click on "Details" on the far right. This will show you the installer links for Voltage Modular 1.0.0.
4) Hit Back, find your Voltage Module Designer order, and click on "Details" on the far right. This will show you the installer links for Voltage Module Designer 1.0.0.
would be great to have a kind of small dev module pack you can load in debugging mode ( like the library in the user version but with dev modules
Voltage Module Designer 1.0.0 now allows you to add any modules from your library while you're testing a module. You can add oscilloscopes, LFOs, filters, and anything else you'd like, so you can test your modules in a real-world environment without having to publish your module to Voltage Modular first.
I've tried making a SVG for custom Jacks but fail to load ( sowing just the box ).
This should be fixed in 1.0.0. Please let us know if you still experience any issues!
How can i snap a knob for fixed rotation (for octave switching style knob )
Knobs have a parameter called "Num Discrete Steps". It's set to zero by default, but if you set it to, for example, 3, the knob will snap to 3 positions. If you set your Min Value to 0 and your Max Value to 2, those three position will have a value of 0, 1.0, and 2.0.

I hope that's helpful!

Dan
JoGala

Post by JoGala »

Great!!
Testing immediately, just one more question, how can I delete wrong/test modules from my development folder? I can't find delete option in dashboard panel!

Here's a short test video of oscillators ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoz6qZ7LFaQ
whywhy

Post by whywhy »

really nice, have you got any release date?
I will buy your osc and matrix mixer.
Good job.
Hope for more modules!
More CV input and attenuators !
autodafe

Post by autodafe »

Great Giovanni!
just realized it's you ;-)

Return to “Module Designer”