Using An External Text Editor

muleskinner

Using An External Text Editor

Post by muleskinner »

Hi,

I would like to use an external editor (e.g. VS Code) rather than the editor within the Module Designer, however when I do this the files in Module Designer never seem to update with changes made in the external editor (as if they are cached or something).

Does anyone use an external editor for editing source files and if so are there any tips for integration? I'm using a Mac.

cheers
Cherryaudio Danny
Site Admin

Re: Using An External Text Editor

Post by Cherryaudio Danny »

Hi,

Check and ensure you have the latest versions of Voltage Module Designer and Voltage Modular installed.
After that check that the 'Auto-update externally edited java files' option is selected. This is found in Preferences > Code Editor.
The changes you make in VSC should update when you click on the Voltage Module Designer window.

If the problem persists, please submit a support request and include any additional details: Request Cherry Audio Support.

Danny
muleskinner

Post by muleskinner »

Thank you - seems to work OK. Don't know how I missed that!
muleskinner

Post by muleskinner »

Hi,

Is it possible to do something similar for the external resources that are included with a module?

I'm working on some xml config files which are included as 'additional resources' but these don't seem to get updated when edited, I need to quit and restart designer for the changes to take effect.

cheers

Return to “Module Designer”