New problems publishing

tristanshoutsf

Re: New problems publishing

Post by tristanshoutsf »

When logged into the CA website, in the "smiley" menu there should be a New Dashboard (Nebula) option below the LIbrary option.
I don't have that. The only thing below Library is Sign Out.
In the VM module library there is a category 'under development' on the bottom.
No "In Development" or "Under Development" category in my VM module library, either online or within the VM application.

This is all feeling like there's just some sort of set up that's not yet been done. But I can't seem to figure out what.
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

tristanshoutsf wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:01 pm This is all feeling like there's just some sort of set up that's not yet been done. But I can't seem to figure out what.
Yeah, it sounds like something has gone badly wrong with your VMD installation or perhaps more likely on CA's server. If reinstalling doesn't work then you are going to have to get help from Greg by emailing support@cherryaudio.com.

Such problems are frustrating but stick with it. The more people developing for VM the better it will become.
tristanshoutsf

Post by tristanshoutsf »

I've figured it out: it turns out I had downloaded VMD without actually 'buying' a free license. It was not actually in my CM software library. Easy detail to miss considering how many modules I've collected now. In any case, after going through the personal license process, Publish is now functioning as expected. Yay.

Advice for CM: please close whatever gap I fell into in allowing me to run Designer without actually obtaining a license. For example, disable Publish... or bring up a dialog indicating that either a personal or commercial license is required for Publish... to function, along with a link to obtain a license.
AndyHoneybone

Post by AndyHoneybone »

Thank you each for sharing what Publish should look like and the eventual fix. I'd got close to realising it was a licensing issue but I'd pressed the 'Personal License - Add to Account' button many times with no obvious change (broken links?). Eventually tracked license acquisition down to the 'BUY' button near the Voltage Module Designer badge at the top of the Voltage Module Designer product page. This link took me to the Discover > Bundles > Voltage Module Designer store page where I could select the free personal license. The Personal License now shows as Voltage Module Designer in Demos on the Orders page and I now have a Dashboard. My first module downloaded in VM all as expected.
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Good to hear that problems have been solved.

As I said in my opening post, CA need to make the first publishing task as easy as possible but instead it seems more and more hurdles are arising.

BTW one of the weird issues I mentioned earlier that resulted in a dead module was solved by deleting these files...

%AppData%/Roaming/Voltage/Cache/VoltageCatalog.db

%AppData%/Roaming/Voltage Modular Designer/Cache/VoltageCatalog.db

This clears out any dead wood and forces a new download of all your modules. One would have expected the "Clear Cache FIles" button in VM Settings to do the job but it didn't on my machine for some reason.

Return to “Module Designer”