Personal Use Licence does not seem to allow use in Voltage Modular

AndyMac

Personal Use Licence does not seem to allow use in Voltage Modular

Post by AndyMac »

I started with the demo licence of VMD and then, with 1.1.1 requested the "Personal Use" licence. The Build/Publish... option now does something but stops at the point "Module file successfully created: C:\Users......\Temp\Voltage Module Designer\module.module" and seemingly does not allow you to publish it to your personal store or to VM. Am I doing something wrong/missing a step, or is there a problem maybe due to starting with the demo licence in the first instance?
NothanUmber

Re: Personal Use Licence does not seem to allow use in Voltage Modular

Post by NothanUmber »

So this dialog that allows to enter some comments with the "Publish" button doesn't appear already? Or does it stopp after pressing the Publish button in this dialog? (The dialog should appear when clicking publish after succesfull complilation)
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

AndyMac,

It sounds like you're using the Build menu item and not the Publish menu item. If you choose the Publish menu item, you should see a Publish dialog appear. Please let me know if you don't!

Thanks,
Dan
AndyMac

Post by AndyMac »

Apologies for the delay in responding (just seen how to switch notifications to this question on :-)).

There does not seem to be a separate Publish Menu, only a "Publish..." item on the Build menu.
2018-12-24.png
2018-12-24.png (32.18 KiB) Viewed 6005 times
Ahornberg

Post by Ahornberg »

With the personal user license "Build / Publish ..." doesn't seem to publish a module to the local Voltage Modular module library. In my case (I'm on Windows) it writes a module to "...User/AppData/Local/Temp/Voltage Module Designer/". I haven't found where to copy the module to make it visible inside my local Voltage Modular installation.
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

AndyMac wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:52 am There does not seem to be a separate Publish Menu, only a "Publish..." item on the Build menu.
Yes, that's what I meant. Select the "Publish..." item in the menu, and the Publish dialog should appear. From the Publish dialog, you'll be able to enter any comments and then publish the module to our server. The next time you run Voltage Modular (or if you press the Refresh button) the module will download, and will show up in an "In Development" category in your module list.

I highly recommend watching this video starting from 11 minutes, to see how easy it is to publish modules to Voltage Modular: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEIb92DkoB0

Thanks,
Dan
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

Hello,
Ahornberg wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:16 pm I haven't found where to copy the module to make it visible inside my local Voltage Modular installation.
That's not how Voltage Modular works -- you never need to mess with moving around binary files. When you publish a module, it gets uploaded to our server. When you run Voltage Modular (or press the Refresh button in the library, if VM is already running) the newly published module will be downloaded and will be listed in the "In Development" section of your library. From there, you can simply drag the module in to your project.

I highly recommend watching this video starting from 11 minutes, to see how easy it is to publish modules to Voltage Modular: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEIb92DkoB0

Thanks,
Dan
AndyMac

Post by AndyMac »

The Publish dialog does not appear. I have a video screen capture showing this, which I have reduced to 50% to allow it to upload. This should show you want the behaviour is.
Attachments
Screen Capture Video (reduced).zip
(99.76 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
martb

Post by martb »

AndyMac wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:39 am The Publish dialog does not appear. I have a video screen capture showing this, which I have reduced to 50% to allow it to upload. This should show you want the behaviour is.
The same situation here. I can click on the 'publish' menu item, but the dialog window doesn't appear.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Please send in a support request to support@cherryaudio.com . Please attach your Module Designer log files which are located at %appdata%\Voltage Module Designer on Windows or ~/Library/Logs/voltage module designer/ and we'll see what's going on.

Thanks!

Return to “Module Designer”