Server Error 500 in VMD

vinesounds

Server Error 500 in VMD

Post by vinesounds »

Hello All
Im trying to test end to end private publishing. I have a demo module with a unique package name. It builds ok in VMD. When submitting the publish dialog this fails during the publish with server error 500. Yet, the module appears in the dashboard. It also appears 'in development' tab in my VM instance (running standalone) with the name and the publisher. However VM gets 'stuck' forever with a 'Downloading' status of the module. This implies a) I am doing the workflow right b) the CA dashboard sees the publish and creates the metadata for the module c) VM can see the metadata in my account's dashboard. BUT d) the actual module was not uploaded.
Can anyone help please? Anyone seen this before?
Many thanks in anticipation.
ColinP

Re: Server Error 500 in VMD

Post by ColinP »

I reported this bug to CA over a week ago but it looks like it's not been fixed yet.

However, I found a workaround.

If you publish a second time you'll get Server error 422 Package name already taken.

But persevere and publish a third time and then it works.

Subsequent publishing then doesn't throw up any problems.
vinesounds

Re: Server Error 500 in VMD

Post by vinesounds »

@ColinP
Many thanks for your response. I have done as you said, and success - an end to end test!

Just in case anyone else finds this, please note i found that each 'Publish' needs to be reinitiated from the menu of VMD, not just repeat in the publish dialog box.

Return to “Module Designer”