[module request] audio splitter

antic604

[module request] audio splitter

Post by antic604 »

I'd love it if some talented dev could do an audio splitter module, that'd split the incoming audio into:
- low, mid and high frequencies with definable split points & ideally filter slopes,
- left and right signal
- mid and side signal

Any takers? I wouldn't complain if Cherry added that for free, too ;)
Captain

Re: [module request] audio splitter

Post by Captain »

I’d love to give it a try, just not sure when I will have the time, so someone else might beat me to it (still working on finishing my first modules)... :lol: Anyway, to clarify, you mean the module would take a stereo input, then split the audio into 3 frequency ranges, and each range would have four output jacks (L, R, M, S)?
antic604

Post by antic604 »

Captain wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:51 amAnyway, to clarify, you mean the module would take a stereo input, then split the audio into 3 frequency ranges, and each range would have four output jacks (L, R, M, S)?
Hmm. I actually only thought about 7 outputs (low/mid/high, L/R and M/S) but what you propose would be even better! Probably it would be best to simply split this into 3 devices: band, stereo and mid/side splitters, that users could chain freely.
Captain

Post by Captain »

Yep, I also thought about making several simple splitters instead of one "monster" module. Forgive me if I'm a little slow today, but how exactly would the stereo splitter work? If it takes a mono input, then how do you split that into stereo (or M/S)? If it takes a stereo input, well, then it's already stereo. Like I said, I might just be a little behind the curve today... :D
antic604

Post by antic604 »

Captain wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:37 pm Yep, I also thought about making several simple splitters instead of one "monster" module. Forgive me if I'm a little slow today, but how exactly would the stereo splitter work? If it takes a mono input, then how do you split that into stereo (or M/S)? If it takes a stereo input, well, then it's already stereo. Like I said, I might just be a little behind the curve today... :D
Well, if the input is mono, then I'd expect:
- L/R splitter to output the input signal on both sides
- M/S splitter to only output the MID signal

Return to “Module Designer”