Designer problems - no right click menu

ymerejsasnak

Designer problems - no right click menu

Post by ymerejsasnak »

I've already submitted an official message to support...but I'm curious if anyone else is having this issue?

On a couple of my 'in progress' modules, the right click menu (Reset/Random/Presets/etc) no longer works after the 2.2.3 update. Most of my modules are fine. The one I was most recently working on however no longer gives access to the right click menu. Another that I've been working on had the same problem, but I somehow managed to fix it (I'm not even 100% sure how unfortunately)...something to do with the main Java class name.

ALSO! I can't even make a new module. I start a new module and build/debug/run it and there's no right click menu in it. I messed around with some settings and the new module will not provide a right click menu at all. NOTE - right clicking on any components still totally works as expected and rightclicking on 'wants mouse notifications' components still seems to work as well.

I had a similar issue when submitting one of my more recent updates to the Random Sampler - CA's tester couldn't get the right-click menu to operate (since he was on a newer beta version) until I changed the class name.

I dunno. I try to go through these things systematically and logically, as one should, but....honestly this is driving me nuts and I'm just hoping to hear from others while I wait for an official reply from CA.

jk
jclounge

Re: Designer problems - no right click menu

Post by jclounge »

I had something like that happen too, and yes it was something to do with the module/class name. I chose some name and published it to test in VM, then later changed the module or class name or both, and right-click no longer worked there until I put the name back as it was when first published. Not sure this helps at all but you're not alone at least. :)

Jules
flucatcher

Post by flucatcher »

Had the same problem, had to change back to the old name and accept a spelling mistake in the class name.
flucatcher

Post by flucatcher »

Happened again, tried saving with another name but no luck. Might have to recreate the module from scratch, a little bit annoying.

Return to “Module Designer”