Auto import/export module source

ymerejsasnak

Auto import/export module source

Post by ymerejsasnak »

Hello yet again.

So, as the subject implies, I'm wondering about this new feature. How does it work? I haven't been able to figure out what it's supposed to actually be doing. What/where is source being exported to and/or imported from?

I've been using auto-update external java files, which is nice so I can work in a friendlier editor (I'm fairly happy just Alt-Tabbing between VMD and Notepad++) , and I was at first hoping this new feature would allow a similar workflow for the main file despite the 'no user code' areas. Alas, this seems not to be? I don't know.

As usual, any enlightenment is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JK
ymerejsasnak

Re: Auto import/export module source

Post by ymerejsasnak »

Currently trying to figure this out still. Anyone from Cherry Audio care to chime in?

The general inactivity on these forums makes me sad. But so do most things, so don't take it personally. ;)

JK
arbuxMusic

Post by arbuxMusic »

Just gave it a quick test...

If you have the "Auto import/export module source" option checked, when you save the module, the module is saved as both the ".vmod" file and also a ".java" file that contains the code.

if you edit and save the .java file using an external editor, the editor in the designer will automatically pick up the changes.

BUT... it only seems to pickup changes that occur in the editable sections.
ymerejsasnak

Post by ymerejsasnak »

Hey, I finally figured this out...it was working the whole time but I was just being stupid about it. I do appreciate the reply, though, so thanks.

JK

Return to “Module Designer”