Background clearing fault.

JackOats

Background clearing fault.

Post by JackOats »

Hi All,

I am working in the Module Designer (v.2.0.17). When I click on Background & select the Clear button, so I can try a new design, the first image will not clear. Have tried several ways to persuade MD to load up a new image - without success so far. :x

Is this fixable?
I would be very grateful for any help or insight into this very annoying situation.

Many thanks Guys.
iMac 27/Catalina/3.5 GBh Intel Core i7/16 GB Ram/3 TB HD
The masculine includes the feminine (Guys)
Google: 'JackOats' to see my Soundcloud page, 'Brian Watterson - Vimeo' for my Videos.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Background clearing fault.

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

The devs aren't able to reproduce this issue. Does this happen with any background image, or just certain ones?

Greg
JackOats

Post by JackOats »

Hi Greg,
Does this happen with any background image, or just certain ones?
Well, no it doesn't discriminate. It happens with every background I try.

Just can't replace the first image I use with another, second image.
iMac 27/Catalina/3.5 GBh Intel Core i7/16 GB Ram/3 TB HD
The masculine includes the feminine (Guys)
Google: 'JackOats' to see my Soundcloud page, 'Brian Watterson - Vimeo' for my Videos.
arbuxMusic

Post by arbuxMusic »

I am getting the same behaviour in one of my modules (with existing controls populated). I have raised a support ticket with Repro steps and the affected module for this issue.
arbuxMusic

Post by arbuxMusic »

By some fluke, found a workaround for my issue. (Have updated the support ticket also).

It looks like VMD creates a standard image if you only have a high-res image selected.

If you load a new High Res image background, press "Clear" on the Standard Resolution to recalculate the Standard Image to the new High-res image layout.

--

In my case, I had an module background image setup by selecting the "High Resolution" image file with no Standard Resolution file selected.
When I updated the High-res file to a new image, the module did not reflect the change.
It turns out, if you load a new high-res file as a background, you have to click the "Clear" button to refresh the Stadandard image. The background should then correctly display in the module.

(at default view, I would assume that the auto-calculated Standard Res file is used to display and as it's not cleared or updated when a new High-Res image is loaded, will continue to display the old image).

Return to “Module Designer”