transport play and stop both triggering on stop (nothing on play) in bitwig

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
apeshake

transport play and stop both triggering on stop (nothing on play) in bitwig

Post by apeshake »

Hi, has anyone else had this issue? Using the oscilloscope it clearly shows a trigger only when stopping bitwig (so i have 2 stop triggers, no play trigger)

i'll try this in live later to see if it's the same. Can't get any sequencing working right now! :?

running on windows 10
voltage modular version 2.0.15
bitwig version 3.1.3
apeshake

Re: transport play and stop both triggering on stop (nothing on play) in bitwig

Post by apeshake »

Update;

I opened Live and made a new patch with nothing but an 8-step sequencer with start+stop patched into the trasnport play/stop, everything worked fine

Opened bitwig and did the same in a new project and it all worked fine again!

So I opened the bitwig track I'm working on and deleted the voltage modular instrument to start a fresh one. Made the same basic patch and in this project the play trigger still only triggers on stop...

I'm still fairly new to bitwig so if anyone knows why this might be happening (other than a corrupt project, urgh) please let me know!
doublestop

Post by doublestop »

YES YES YES!!!! I am having this SAME exact ANNOYING issue! I requested support from someone at Cherry Audio.. but so far I have not received any acknowledgement (yet....) that this a known problem! I even sent a screen shot of a patch to ask if there was something wrong in the way I am patching from the Transport panel to a sequencer!

I did download Bitwig's latest version (version 3.2.2)... where one of the listed bug fixes were "MIDI messaging" issues. I noticed that SOMETIMES I could actually get a sequence to start... but a few stops and starts and it would revert back to this "double stop" behavior... meaning I could press "play" on the 8 step Sequencer" and then click stop (or press stop - I have a MIDI controller - Push2 Works great on Bitwig!!!) and the sequencer will stop.. but pressing play again.. does NOT start the VM sequencer. It SEEMS brain dead simple! ONE dumb pulse is all it takes! why is that so complicated? I was not able to see a pulse appear on the Oscilloscope Module... where Stop does have one.. so bitwig is definitely NOT sending a START message.

I intend to bring this problem up on a Bitwig forum. I am not a Bitwig master.. and so I suspect there may be a hidden setting or condition set somewhere in my default Bitwig that blocks that "start" message... Though I try the SAME exact behavior in live and it works perfectly

Doublestop
xones2358

Post by xones2358 »

under options/ interface, see if *delay play trigger and gate until measure boundry* is enabled. if so, try disabling...

:? 8-)
apeshake

Post by apeshake »

That fixed it thanks!!

Feel a bit dum that I didn't notice that option myself (I don't think it ever occured to me to check voltage settings... :? )

Nice one @xones2358

Return to “Voltage Modular”