DCO-60 VCF FREQ automation seems buggy

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
firejan82

DCO-60 VCF FREQ automation seems buggy

Post by firejan82 »

This is on Windows 10 Ableton 10, Reason11 - I did the automation assign thing but the automation doesn't work. I can assign it to a performance knob and automate that but it would be nicer if it just worked as it should. If this is not the right venue for bug reports please let me know where is and also if I'm doing something wrong and it actually works, again - please let me know. Thanks! Great update. I like the DCO-60 a lot.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: DCO-60 VCF FREQ automation seems buggy

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Step us through what you did to create the problem. What are you trying to automate, exactly?

You've got version 2.0.15, right?

Greg
firejan82

Post by firejan82 »

Hi Greg,

I set the Automation Assing of the FREQ slider in the VCF(not HPF) on the DCO-60 to 1. I moved the slider, it showed up as an automation lane in Ableton as it should. And then when I try to draw the automation curve it turns from red to grey. It somehow disables the automation and when I re-enable it, it disables by itself as soon as the playhead hits the first automation point. I also tried automating resonance and envelope amount in the VCF and they work as expected, without issues.
firejan82

Post by firejan82 »

And yes, I got version 2.0.15
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

It's working for me in another DAW, but we'll test this out in Ableton.

Greg
firejan82

Post by firejan82 »

Strange. I did some more testing now - I got it working in Bitwig and it sounded right but the knob on the Bitwig device hosting the VST3 Voltage Modular was jumping back and forth. Reason 11 has similar behavior to Ableton - it disables the automation. Here is a screen capture of Ableton. See the VCF frequency automation is gray, the arrow pointing left in top middle is highlighted in orange which means the automation is disabled but the resonance and envelope amount still automate. I also noticed that the VST3 doesn't give me the names of the automation assigned parameters - just the numbers.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (662.21 KiB) Viewed 3159 times
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Automation is being worked on and parameter names are being exposed in VST3 for the next build due out next week.
firejan82

Post by firejan82 »

Seems like it's all fixed after this update. Good stuff!

Return to “Voltage Modular”