Filter similar to mutable Instruments Ripples

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
rfj

Re: Filter similar to mutable Instruments Ripples

Post by rfj »

I,ve just purchased the Mutable Ripples filter to use with my analog semimodular Behringer Neutron synth. It,s a so specially sounding filter that I think is worth the cost. Anyway I still believe it would be great for VM users to have a software version of such peculiar sounding filter, as it happens for users of VCV Rack, who have software versions of many Mutable Instruments hardware at their disposal. VCV Rack has it’s own approved version of Mutable Ripples.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Mutable Instruments are such a staple in the modular world, I agree they are needed here.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Outstanding demo of Ripples just aired. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOsI4iidr48
SLiC

Post by SLiC »

rfj wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:23 pm I,ve just purchased the Mutable Ripples filter to use with my analog semimodular Behringer Neutron synth. It,s a so specially sounding filter that I think is worth the cost. Anyway I still believe it would be great for VM users to have a software version of such peculiar sounding filter, as it happens for users of VCV Rack, who have software versions of many Mutable Instruments hardware at their disposal. VCV Rack has it’s own approved version of Mutable Ripples.
I also have the hardware Ripples, great module (did you get the V2, its just come out I believe), its pretty powerful being based on cascade of four 2164 VCAs

I also have it for VCV Rack, it wasn't part of the main MI port (where the source code was used) as its an analogue module, so it was crowdfunded by the VCV crowd (they have also just done shelves, the MI EQ) and actually coded by Eurorack hardware designer Alright Devices!

It certainly doesn't sound quite the same in software, but its good fun.
MRBarton

Post by MRBarton »

Your wish is my command! I worked really hard on these modules and they're finally in the store. My thanks to beta testers rfj (the OP) and SLIC for their great work and feedback. If you wanted MI Ripples, you've now got a better choice. Please check out Syrup. Demo sounds are on the bundle page.

https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/syrup

All reviews and feedback are greatly appreciated.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

The sound examples are lovely! Great job! https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/syrup-bundle
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Alright...

I've been fiddling with this filter for hours and MRBarton, you have outdone yourself. The controls are a little different, but I was able to get extremely close to all examples in this lovely demo of Ripples. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOsI4iidr48

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Syrup really does have a soul of Ripples. And I really appreciated the expanded filter types too.

This may be my favorite VM filter to date! OUTSTANDING WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wookiee

Post by Wookiee »

Shamelessly off topic :lol:

@MRBarton I notice din your review you say you converted to Mixcraft 9 from SONAR, have you tried Cakewalk by Bandlab.

VM works fine in CbB and it is free has all those wonderful S-Plat features plus a plethora of new features like Multiple arrangement's.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
MRBarton

Post by MRBarton »

Yes, I've looked at it, but didn't really care for the workflow past Sonar 5. If you want to discuss this further, contact me at mark@mrbmodules.com

Return to “Voltage Modular”