Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
ksniod

Re: Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

Post by ksniod »

Cherry Dan wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:04 am Hi everyone,

The plug-in issue has been resolved. Please visit the download page at https://cherryaudio.com/voltage-modular/download and re-download the Voltage Modular 2.0.15 installer. Reinstalling should correct the plug-in issue.

Thanks!
Dan
Ok Dan, all working well now (vst2 + 3, synth and fx, in every host I tested : Live, Bitwig, Reason and Bidule)
ksniod

Post by ksniod »

JayBee6244 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:53 am Thanks for the efforts on the fixes and updates. What’s the best update route to take? Should I completely uninstall VM, download the new package and install (clean), or upgrade from within VM?
I downloaded from the site and just deleted the vst (2 and 3) files before installing the new pkg. This worked perfectly
xones2358

Post by xones2358 »

feeling somewhat lucky now having the possibility to finally use VM in Reason 10 and zero issues, so this update was a win-win ;) (on win computer lol!)

only thing I really dislike (and I am not alone with this ) is the color change towards blackness. previously I opened browser and just find the right modules by color - I found this conforting. very! I can understand that many have their issues with all the colours, but may we not have the choice between at least those two designs, the legacy and the new?

anyway, happy noisemaking ahead. :D
Last edited by xones2358 on Fri May 22, 2020 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
xones2358

Post by xones2358 »

PS; really hope you dare not to change the appearance of those gorgeous looking Lyrinx and Hex Phaser ;))))
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

JayBee6244 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:53 am Thanks for the efforts on the fixes and updates. What’s the best update route to take? Should I completely uninstall VM, download the new package and install (clean), or upgrade from within VM?
Hi,

You shouldn't have to uninstall or anything. If you don't automatically get the update, you can download it here: https://cherryaudio.com/voltage-modular/download

Greg
tarkus1971

Post by tarkus1971 »

Downloaded the new version, and I am experiencing audio glitches, on my main PC, laptop (Windows 10) and on my Aspire Touch screen all in one (windows 7) This is using the following ASIO devices:

Novation Ultranova, Roland D05 and Beringher Xenyx USB1622, each have USB ASIO Audio interfaces built in and I'm having the same glitches on the same presets, mostly pads.

I've tried 44.1k and 48K gone from 3ms to over 50ms and still the glitches remain. Other soft synths work fine on all these devices. It's just VM that is having new issues, the previous version worked well.

Will they be any more updates to sort out the problem?

I hope you can sort out this problem, CPU seems to be running at 100% even when no output from VM, once I close VM the CPU levels drop down again.

Regards
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Do you have version 2.0.15 installed?

Greg
tarkus1971

Post by tarkus1971 »

Hi Greg

Yes I have the latest version installed.

VM works better in Windows Audio Mode (no exclusive) than ASIO, which seems very odd, still glitchy. I will test again on all devices and check back.

I have Bulldog Internet Security installed and running on all Windows 10 PC's

The new updates look great, so I hope maybe the new update has a few teething problems.

Regards
sksherman

Post by sksherman »

I saw similar with version .15. I found that by going to the generic, low-latency ASIO driver and configuring that to VoiceMeeter (in my case) most,if not all, of the stuttering went away.

Also, it seems like doing a system restart after diddling with ASIO settings seems to help.

System admin tools do not seem to indicate excessive CPU or memory usage. However, it could be that a single CPU could be getting hit (quad core).

I find that the Test button in audio config is quite helpful when checking ASIO settings and stuttering, FWIW. .15 is better. I don't regard this as a blocker. Still spectacular!

Steve
33 Tetragammon

Post by 33 Tetragammon »

-Mac OSX 10.14.6
-all mentioned software running the latest versions!!!

hi,

for some strange reason Voltage Modular VST2/VST3 still do NOT show up in Studio One Professional , only AU.
resetting the Studio One plugin 'blacklist' & rescanning all plugins doesn't help either.

VM does show up & work as expected in Ableton Live, Bitwig (VST 2 and 3).
also showing up & working as expected in NI Maschine & Komplete Kontrol (these can only host VST2).

UPDATE 24-05-2020:

solved by manually deleting all the plugins in their respective folders, then download & install VM again.
thanks to support for helping me out!!!
Last edited by 33 Tetragammon on Sun May 24, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Voltage Modular”