Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
josephbottinger

Re: Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

Post by josephbottinger »

Anything we can do to help, Greg?
cherryaudio Greg wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:41 pm Hi,

To those that are having problems - we apologize for the inconvenience! We're looking into the various issues and coming up with answers this morning.

Mac users who are having issues, here's what we're figuring out:

1. Safari browser (and maybe Firefox) isn't allowing the download to finish. Chrome and Opera work. We're looking into this.
2. Some Catalina users get a Malicious software warning they can bypass by going into security settings: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-hel ... h35835/mac
3. Plug-ins aren't loading for new projects, but they are loading for existing projects in some cases. On Catalina, I have the FX version of Voltage Modular, but not the instrument version in Garageband, for example.
4. Some Mojave users are getting a digital signature error. Not sure what's going on with that - let us know if you figure out a workaround.

Greg
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

rsover wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:25 am Anyone seeing a huge increase in CPU load, at least in polyphonic patches?
A lot of presets I used to play in the old version were playing nice at 512 buffer size, in standalone VM.
Now Increased the buffer size to 1024 and still is hanging from time to time.

One base patch that I see this is: Poly Runner 1 from the Core Presets.
Hi,

Try it again after you're sure that all the new stuff has downloaded. Voltage Modular might be downloading new art, presets, etc.

Greg
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

josephbottinger wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:50 pm Anything we can do to help, Greg?
Posting any solutions or workarounds you find would be helpful.
josephbottinger

Post by josephbottinger »

Been doing that to the best of my ability. :)
cherryaudio Greg wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:57 pm
josephbottinger wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:50 pm Anything we can do to help, Greg?
Posting any solutions or workarounds you find would be helpful.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

cherryaudio Greg wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:43 pm
rdstreets wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:57 pm FYI - I'm finding the 2.0 update is working fine in stand alone mode but fails to open as a plugin in either Ableton Live or Reason (10). I get a file not found error? Just opened a conversation (ticket). I selected only VST so perhaps some of the other formats are OK.
Hi,

Double-check that those programs are looking in the right place to find the VST files.

Did you update from within the app, or did you download from the web page?

Greg
Hi Greg
I use Acoustica MIxcraft 9.0 Pro Studio... should I upgrade from within MIxcraft or from the web page?

Joe
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

jlouvar wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:21 pm Hi Greg
I use Acoustica MIxcraft 9.0 Pro Studio... should I upgrade from within MIxcraft or from the web page?

Joe
Hi,

Either way should work just fine (since you're on Windows).

Greg
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

Mac users - we've put version 1 back on the server until we can get the various issues sorted out. If you want to temporarily go back to version 1, you can uninstall version 2, and then install version 1 again.

Greg
Project

Post by Project »

cherryaudio Greg wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:31 pm Hi,

Mac users - we've put version 1 back on the server until we can get the various issues sorted out. If you want to temporarily go back to version 1, you can uninstall version 2, and then install version 1 again.

Greg
What about user presets and MIDI controller assignments? Are they going to be kept or do we lose them by downgrading to V1?
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Project wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:49 pm What about user presets and MIDI controller assignments? Are they going to be kept or do we lose them by downgrading to V1?
Hi,

V2 presets won't work in V1 - they'll just cause Voltage Modular to exit.

MIDI controller assignments should be fine.

We'll hopefully have the V2 issues sorted out soon in any case.

Greg
spiner

Post by spiner »

Hi Greg.

Any estimated new delivery date for V2?

Thanks!

Return to “Voltage Modular”