Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
josephbottinger

Re: Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

Post by josephbottinger »

Ian, my hope is that all this is early release jitters - it looks like a big update, so there're lots of tiny things to work out, that just happen to feel like big giant awful things. But skins are usually pretty easy to repair, and chances are the installer glitches are *really* small things as well. Hang in there, brother!
Ian Craig wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:34 pm Conceptually this is a great update, unfortunately visually it isn't, as it has failed to take account for the large number of us who cannot look at everything in black without getting ill (as was the case in Mixcraft 9, where this problem was addressed when the mx8 skin was ported over by one of the devs and which I use). I cannot look at this for long and there doesn't seem to be an option to use version 1, so either an alternative skin similar to the previous version is included or basically I've wasted all my previous investment in the software. If others are noticing cpu spikes as opposed to the previous version, I think these problems should be fixed. Right, I'm off to use something I can look at without getting a headache. Bye
Koshdukai

Post by Koshdukai »

Cherry Dan wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:11 pm Get Vintage Voice Bundle for only $29 (regularly $39) through May 31!
I forgot to mention that this link is wrong on all posts like this (here and KVR).

it's incomplete ("url:vintage-voice-bundle") defaulting to {site}/vintage-voice-bundle, so: vintage-voice-bundle or
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/vintage-voice-bundle in KVR's case.

should be: https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/v ... ice-bundle

Reefius already pointed this out at KVR
JJHP3

Post by JJHP3 »

Same not-completed download here for me too. disappointed! Safari.

John :(
grooveq

Post by grooveq »

can we get a timeline on when the mac vst's will be fixed? My excitement was turned to great disappointment...RN voltage is practically unusablefor me...I don't use audio units (for the obvious reason that their preset formats live in the apple world only - and its a pointless format) I appreciate all the smart ideas in Voltage and the fairly reasonable priciing, but if the stuff doesnt work (when 1.x did) my money is in the trash.

Just to confirm, Voltage Modular 2 - Mac OSX Hi-Sierra VST2 AND 3 failing in the follow hosts current Reason 11, current Cubase 10.5, current LIve 10. Audio unit works in Live..

tia
Voltage Modular / Cubase 11 / Pro Tools 18 / HALion 6 / Reason 11

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon (32GB Ram) OSX 10.14.6

UAD Apollo Quad, Motu 828 mkII & mk3 / Avid Artist Control / Blackmagic Intensity Pro
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Phenomenal upgrade. Thank you for all these brilliant updates! I'm truly in love with Voltage Modular at this point.

I'm still desperate for next/prev sample buttons in Sampler I and II to load next/prev samples within the current folder without leaving the interface, so I can built custom emulations of old esoteric synths that VM will never entertain emulating. I really really really really really need this.
grooveq

Post by grooveq »

Is there an uninstaller? I can't use the mac VST in any DAW i own..ive got nothing i can use..plus i dont want my 1x patches to be screwed up
Voltage Modular / Cubase 11 / Pro Tools 18 / HALion 6 / Reason 11

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon (32GB Ram) OSX 10.14.6

UAD Apollo Quad, Motu 828 mkII & mk3 / Avid Artist Control / Blackmagic Intensity Pro
scortella

Post by scortella »

JJHP3 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:10 pm Same not-completed download here for me too. disappointed! Safari.

John :(
I have the same problem with the incomplete download ...
josephbottinger

Post by josephbottinger »

I ended up trying with different browsers. Chrome worked for me.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

To those that are having problems - we apologize for the inconvenience! We're looking into the various issues and coming up with answers this morning.

Mac users who are having issues, here's what we're figuring out:

1. Safari browser (and maybe Firefox) isn't allowing the download to finish. Chrome and Opera work. We're looking into this.
2. Some Catalina users get a Malicious software warning they can bypass by going into security settings: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-hel ... h35835/mac
3. Plug-ins aren't loading for new projects, but they are loading for existing projects in some cases. On Catalina, I have the FX version of Voltage Modular, but not the instrument version in Garageband, for example.
4. Some Mojave users are getting a digital signature error. Not sure what's going on with that - let us know if you figure out a workaround.

Greg
robgs

Post by robgs »

Success! Downloaded today (17:30 UK ) and the install worked perfectly. I don't know if any fix was applied to the download but for anyone else I used the Chrome browser. My previous fails were with Safari and Firefox. Right, I'm off to play... :D

Return to “Voltage Modular”