Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
sdv

Re: Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

Post by sdv »

Trying to install here on Windows and I get a "decompression error" message. I've tried updating from within my VM 1.3 (which is now hosed) and from the download on the website and each package gives that error.
VM2_error1.JPG
VM2_error1.JPG (21.72 KiB) Viewed 3994 times
Last edited by sdv on Wed May 20, 2020 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
SmokeBomb

Post by SmokeBomb »

robgs wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:40 am
ksniod wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:53 pm The download won't complete, tried several time, it stops just at the end (MacOS Mojave, using Safari)
Edit : trying from the standalone app now
Edit 2 : nope, same from the app, when exiting MacOS says it's invalid
Having the same issue with ( Mac Mojave ) getting a message stating the digital signature is invalid.
Same here. The pkg can't be installed because the digital signature is invalid. I'm getting this error with both the app update and the manual 2.0 install from the website.
josephbottinger

Post by josephbottinger »

Me three.
SmokeBomb wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:57 am
robgs wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:40 am
ksniod wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:53 pm The download won't complete, tried several time, it stops just at the end (MacOS Mojave, using Safari)
Edit : trying from the standalone app now
Edit 2 : nope, same from the app, when exiting MacOS says it's invalid
Having the same issue with ( Mac Mojave ) getting a message stating the digital signature is invalid.
Same here. The pkg can't be installed because the digital signature is invalid. I'm getting this error with both the app update and the manual 2.0 install from the website.
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

sdv wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:45 am Trying to install here on Windows and I get a "decompression error" message. I've tried updating from within my VM 13. (which is now hosed) and from the download on the website and each package gives that error.
VM2_error1.JPG
It looks like it had a problem decompressing the executable. Perhaps you were running Voltage Modular stand-alone at the time?

I'd try rebooting, and installing a fresh download. Our servers are getting hit hard as many people upgrade.

Thanks,
Dan
rdstreets

Post by rdstreets »

Could be wrong but some data isn’t making it over on the download. On my first try it looks like I got the stand alone ok but not so much with the plugin version. Now nothing comes over. Hmmm...
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

Hey Cherry Audio,

You guys did a great job listening to suggestions for v2! ! ! !
- library ctrl + f (heck yeah)
- tagging (holy moly, yeah!)

I'm also looking forward to checking out the updates to the user guide.
enjoying the color schemes.
not trying to make a list of everything, but just wanted to give you a high five!
(upgrade went great using the updates button in the settings window inside the standalone)
sdv

Post by sdv »

Cherry Dan wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:22 am
sdv wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:45 am Trying to install here on Windows and I get a "decompression error" message. I've tried updating from within my VM 13. (which is now hosed) and from the download on the website and each package gives that error.
VM2_error1.JPG
It looks like it had a problem decompressing the executable. Perhaps you were running Voltage Modular stand-alone at the time?

I'd try rebooting, and installing a fresh download. Our servers are getting hit hard as many people upgrade.
A reboot did the trick. Even though Voltage wasn't running (by inspecting Task Manager) the .exe must have still been being called. Dunno.

Anyways, for some reason I think it *sounds* better but alas, the new color scheme isn't working for me. Too much black on the CA plugs (I mean the 8-Step Sequencer now has black-on-black sliders :? ). If all the CA modules go to black I'll probably sell my license as about 50% of Voltage modules - from all developers combined - are already black. I just can't see what's going on in my patch with all that black.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

robgs wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:40 am Having the same issue with ( Mac Mojave ) getting a message stating the digital signature is invalid.
Hi,

Open up System Preferences > Security & Privacy, and allow the installation there.

Greg
SmokeBomb

Post by SmokeBomb »

cherryaudio Greg wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:46 am
robgs wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:40 am Having the same issue with ( Mac Mojave ) getting a message stating the digital signature is invalid.
Hi,

Open up System Preferences > Security & Privacy, and allow the installation there.

Greg
Hey,

I've gone to the Security & Privacy settings, but there is nothing there to allow the installer. I have my allowed apps set to "Anywhere" and even deactivated the firewall for kicks, but I'm still getting the same message in the installer.

I opened the log window in the installer and had the following errors listed:

May 19 22:36:24 Macs-MBP Installer[931]: Package Authoring Error: <background> has an unsupported MIME type: image/data
May 19 22:36:24 Macs-MBP Installer[931]: Package Authoring Error: <background-darkAqua> has an unsupported MIME type: image/data
May 19 22:36:24 Macs-MBP Installer[931]: Package Authoring Error: <background_scaling> has an unsupported MIME type: X-NSObject/NSNumber
May 19 22:36:24 Macs-MBP Installer[931]: Package Authoring Error: <background_alignment> has an unsupported MIME type: X-NSObject/NSNumber
May 19 22:36:24 Macs-MBP Installer[931]: Package Authoring Error: <layout-direction> has an unsupported MIME type: X-NSObject/NSNumber

Any ideas?
miaousse

Post by miaousse »

Hello,
VM is not loading in my studio one (latest rev). I am on catalina.
in Studio One only VST3 is shown.
The stand alone app works, so i guess the install was correct.

Return to “Voltage Modular”