Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

Post by Cherry Dan »

Cherry Audio is thrilled to announce the highly anticipated release of Voltage Modular 2.0! This truly massive new release is completely FREE for all Voltage Modular users, and brings innovative new features, workflow improvements, and new sonic possibilities to the realm of software modular synthesis. Voltage Modular 2.0 is the most feature-rich, sonically flexible software modular platform in the world.

A Universe Without Limits

Voltage Modular 2.0 blows away all patching limitations, and introduces groundbreaking new ways to build complex patches with fewer cables.

Previously, every jack in Voltage Modular was really six jacks, multed together. In version 2.0, an unlimited number of cables can be plugged into every jack, for endless modulation possibilities.

The new Buses feature offers an ingenious new way to build complex patches and eliminate messy cables. Both input and output jacks can be assigned to buses. All output signals on a bus are mixed, with the result available as an input source on all input jacks. This mimics the alternative patching options offered by instruments such as the ARP 2500 and EMS VCS3.

In addition, Voltage Modular 2.0 lets developers create modules that are normalized to signals on the IO Panel. Modules such as the new DCO-60 and SynthVoice (detailed below) can read CV, gate, and all other signals directly from the IO Panel, eliminating the need to patch these cables every time a new module is added.

The new Variations feature takes modular synthesis in unprecedented new directions. A patch can contain an unlimited number of variations, with each variation storing the positions of all knobs, switches, and settings of all modules contained in the patch. Variations may be played individually, or triggers or CV can be used to move through variations in endless ways. Imagine sequences that iterate through wildly different tones for every note, or sounds that alternate between brighter and softer timbres with every key press.

The IO Panel now includes an integrated Recording section, generating pristine 32-bit floating point audio files, sourced from the IO Panel main left and right outputs. Effortlessly record entire live performances, or use gate signals to automatically start and stop recordings.

Software That Works With You

You'll find endless workflow improvements throughout Voltage Modular 2.0. Some of these changes speed up workflow, while others will inspire you to create new sounds and work in new ways.

Shift-drag to move all cables connected to a single jack at the same time. Ctrl-Tab hides and shows all cables at once. Looking for a particular module? Ctrl-F instantly takes you to the Module search box. You'll wonder how you lived without these simple-yet-wildly-effective features.

We've added numerous new categories to help organize your module library, but that's just the beginning. Custom module categories can be created for any module in your collection, and an unlimited number of search terms can be added to modules, making it easier than ever to find the exact module you're looking for.

Use the new Randomize feature to set a module's sliders, buttons, switches, and other controls to random positions, creating incredibly inspiring results for sequencers and sound generators. The new Bypass feature, available in compatible modules, temporarily removes a module from a patch, offering a fast and easy way to hear an individual module's effect upon a complex sound.

Auto-align all modules to the left is a great way to tidy module layouts and close gaps, and is switchable on a per-cabinet basis. There's even a preference to automatically set new cabinets to use the auto-align feature.

You'll find even more workflow improvements throughout Voltage Modular 2.0!

An Endlessly Evolving Platform

Voltage Modular 2.0 has a thrilling new look. Many of Cherry Audio's modules have been reworked, making them easier to use, more powerful, and more compact. For example, we've added linear FM modulation to the Oscillator module, resonance modulation to the Filter module, dual channels to the Oscilloscope, and tempo sync to the Stereo Delay module. Legacy Cherry Audio modules will continue to be updated over the next couple months.

The Core package has been expanded to include the new Poly Vintage Oscillator, Poly Ladder Filter, Poly Super Oscillator, Poly Super Envelope Generator, Spectrum Analyzer, MIDI File Player, and Micro Mult modules. These new modules are absolutely FREE to all owners of the Voltage Modular Core package! There are loads of new presets, too, plus there are new presets for the Nucleus and Ignite packages as well.

The MS Vintage Bundle has been expanded to include the new Poly VCO-20 Dual Oscillator and Poly VCF-20 Filter, for polyphonic playback of their gargantuan tones! Of course, these new modules are absolutely FREE to all owners of the MS Vintage Bundle! Get MS Vintage Bundle for only $19 (regularly $30) through May 31!

Misfit Audio's Digi Drums bundle has been expanded with the new Digi Sample module. Drag any drum sample onto this fun new module for instant triggering. And, yes, Digi Sample is absolutely FREE to all owners of the Digi Drums Bundle!

Cherry Audio's new Vector Bundle ($39) includes the exciting new AirWave, Poly AirWave, AirVector, and AirStep modules. These incredible modules simply have to be heard to be believed. Combining the power of vector synthesis, sample playback, and wave sequencing with raw modular synthesis, these modules deliver a vast new palette of dynamically changing tone colors to Voltage Modular. Get Vector Bundle for only $29 (regularly $39) through May 31!

We've saved the very best for last. Cherry Audio's new Vintage Voice Bundle ($39) takes Voltage Modular in a thrilling new direction. Vintage Voice comes fully loaded with our new SynthVoice, SynthVoice Filter, DCO-60, VCF-60, and Chorus-60 modules.

SynthVoice is a complete semi-modular vintage synthesizer, featuring two oscillators, a multi-mode filter, an LFO, dual envelope generators, sample and hold, and spring reverb. It's like having a classic ARP 2600 synthesizer in your modular rack. SynthVoice Filter puts the brute power of SynthVoice's multi-mode filter into a separate module.

DCO-60 is our crowning achievement. We've modeled every aspect of the beloved classic Juno-106 synthesizer, from its self-oscillating filter to its dreamy chorus effect, and built them into a fully-polyphonic module, loaded with patch points, that has to be heard to be believed. We've even recreated the complete "A" and "B" banks of the original factory presets. We believe DCO-60 is among finest emulations of the Juno-106 ever created, and we know you're going to love it. DCO-60's highpass and lowpass filter is also available separately as the VCF-60 module, and the lovely chorus effect is available in the new Chorus-60 module.

Get Vintage Voice Bundle for only $29 (regularly $39) through May 31!

Oh, and one final thing. We've eliminated the limit on free modules, so commercial developers can now publish all the free modules they'd like. And we've lowered the minimum module price down to $5.

To view more videos about all of these new features, visit our Videos page here: https://cherryaudio.com/resources/videos!

Voltage Modular 2.0 is available now! To download Voltage Modular 2.0 immediately, visit your Library page here: https://store.cherryaudio.com/my/library
Eddie

Re: Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

Post by Eddie »

Congratulations on the release of 2.0!!

I really need to go to bed but thought... hell no.. first update to VM2 and buy me those sweet new modules :-)

Great work Dan. VM2 is updating modules as we speak :-D

Keep up the good work!!
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

The vintage voice bundle is simply amazing... AMAZING!!
THANKS!!
ksniod

Post by ksniod »

Congrats for the release! Downloading right now
rdstreets

Post by rdstreets »

FYI - I'm finding the 2.0 update is working fine in stand alone mode but fails to open as a plugin in either Ableton Live or Reason (10). I get a file not found error? Just opened a conversation (ticket). I selected only VST so perhaps some of the other formats are OK.
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

Fantasfreakingtastic !! :shock:

Congratulations !! :D
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

rdstreets wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:57 pm FYI - I'm finding the 2.0 update is working fine in stand alone mode but fails to open as a plugin in either Ableton Live or Reason (10). I get a file not found error? Just opened a conversation (ticket). I selected only VST so perhaps some of the other formats are OK.
Hi,

Double-check that those programs are looking in the right place to find the VST files.

Did you update from within the app, or did you download from the web page?

Greg
rdstreets

Post by rdstreets »

cherryaudio Greg wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:43 pm
rdstreets wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:57 pm FYI - I'm finding the 2.0 update is working fine in stand alone mode but fails to open as a plugin in either Ableton Live or Reason (10). I get a file not found error? Just opened a conversation (ticket). I selected only VST so perhaps some of the other formats are OK.
Hi,

Double-check that those programs are looking in the right place to find the VST files.

Did you update from within the app, or did you download from the web page?

Greg
I downloaded from the website. Should I have updated from within the app? I can't recall whether or not the plugin needs to be manually placed in the plugin folder or not. I guess I just assumed the install would replace the old plugin files with the new in their existing location. Is that not what happens?

I submitted the question at support page so I can finalize getting answers there. Just thought others might want to be aware before proceeding with the download if they're planning on using this in a DAW.
ksniod

Post by ksniod »

The download won't complete, tried several time, it stops just at the end (MacOS Mojave, using Safari)
Edit : trying from the standalone app now
Edit 2 : nope, same from the app, when exiting MacOS says it's invalid
robgs

Post by robgs »

ksniod wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:53 pm The download won't complete, tried several time, it stops just at the end (MacOS Mojave, using Safari)
Edit : trying from the standalone app now
Edit 2 : nope, same from the app, when exiting MacOS says it's invalid
Having the same issue with ( Mac Mojave ) getting a message stating the digital signature is invalid.

Return to “Voltage Modular”