Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

dave dove wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:52 pm I have posted this and sent to support but I've now tried the poly voices thing:
I have mid 2012 mbp 13" basic one but SSD and 10gb RAM
I use VM mostly monophonically because that's how I like to work - not really interested in polyphonic synths:
2 vco, vcf, vca, 6 in mixer +adsr
VM1 uses @10-12% on Live's cpu meter
VM2 uses 21-25%
that's double
I have reduced poly voices (even though is monophonic) - no change
I have done the cpu page stuff - no change
I've deleted + reinstalled etc. - no change

I'm not stressed about it
just trying to paint a clear picture
I've just reinstalled VM1 and I'll defer buying any other modules for a while

Dave
Hi,

The next update to Voltage Modular 2 will hopefully help.

Greg
HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

cherryaudio Greg wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:50 pm
Kozzerog wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:17 am I use a Ryzen 2500U laptop (8GB RAM, Win10) - not super powerful of course, but now with the Version 2.0 update, Voltage Modular is the only synth I have performance issues with. To compare, I can use ten or more instances of complex Arturia Pigments 2 sequence patches with my CPU usage barely exceeding 50%.

It has become basically impossible for me to playback any sequence presets in VM now. The CPU meter in FL Studio hits 99% and I get severe audio stuttering. Same thing happens in REAPER, although REAPER's CPU meter only displays 15% CPU usage. This was not a problem at all with VM 1.XX. Even some really simple polyphonic user presets consisting of one oscillator, one envelope controller and one amplifier now eat 50% of my CPU. This was definitely not the case before. Hope the weak Ryzen performance will be addressed asap. I wasn't very happy with the VM 1.XX performance on my machine already but it remained largely usable. Now VM has actually become unsusable for me in most cases as I am really not into the bounce-in-place workflow. Of course it's awesome that we get such an expansive free update, I just cannot enjoy it at this moment.
Hi,

I'm told the next update will have some additional tweaks that should help. The software devs apparently found some really good CPU optimizations that will make a difference.

Greg
the newest version, 2.0.15, fixes a lot of cpu problems in cubase pro 10.5.12 (on windows 10 pro (1909)). i can play my own presets, and the cpu usage was never so low. but it sometimes erratic, one preset won't play without dropouts (uses two little harmony's and some other stuff not much, no complex patching, only the sampler and the chord module from... o all those developers.).

i have i7 6700K, doesn't seem much in these days, but still it can hold big patches from voltage modular, softube modular and reaktor.
my own built desktop, perhaps that makes it much easier to have properly working system, many factors. (i built my own desktops for 20 years or more, more.. and for others..). and still can add more synths...

i will wait for the next version. if it fixes that preset. or else i will go kayako...

bought the ms-20 vintage bundle (had the one year bundle), thanks for the special price, it is worth it. and bought another small bundle.
and bought already of course bought the vector and the vintage voice bundle. nice bundles, very nice... module count 344..... wow...

strange message perhaps, but it is also a way to say i like VM (and softube modular and reaktor blocks... why do i say this, here!), but VM is most workflow focused modular.

love the update!

o yes, but this is for support. when loading a preset, it takes sometime, that there aren't "clicks" (no asio overload), it seems that VM adjust itself... this can take 10 or 20 seconds or so.

but like i said; you mention a new version, with more cpu optimization, so i will wait. it can always backfire, an optimization...

and a put my trust in VM, i bought a lot.. no regrets, at all.. and my trust, that the problems will be resolved.
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
martb

Post by martb »

cherryaudio Greg wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:42 pm
martb wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:02 am I'm seeing it at $19 - I think that is the current sale price for everyone.
HI,

Give it another try. It should be fixed now. The sale price was overriding the upgrade price.

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/ms-vintage-bundle

Year One bundle owners should see the price as $10.

Greg
Yep, fixed now - Thanks :)
dasmode

Post by dasmode »

Last edited by dasmode on Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    cherryaudio Greg
    Site Admin

Hi,

The discount would be for the MS Vintage Bundle, not the TB Vintage Bundle.

The next update should improve CPU performance.

Greg
    dasmode

Post by dasmode »

Last edited by dasmode on Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
      cherryaudio Greg
      Site Admin

Hi,

Thanks for reporting that, I'll pass it along!

Greg
      rsover

Post by rsover »

Please consider the option to allow the users to chose the theme: Light or Dark. Or at least make the SynthVoice theme a bit lighter.
      We are perceiving colors in different ways. I liked the old theme,
      While I do feel this one is good, its hard for my eyes (I generally prefer Light schemes: OS, IDE, browser, except terminal)

Thank you, Voltage Modular is my favorite software instrument.
      Voltage Modular, Arturia V7 Collection / Ableton Live 11 Intro

MacBook Pro 2019, 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 (16GB Ram), OSX Big Sur (11.x)
      grooveq

Post by grooveq »

I like the new colours, but a dark vs light theme would probably be a good solution to make everyone happy..

I'm hoping that solving the cpu and plugin issues are the #1 focus rn though
      Voltage Modular / Cubase 11 / Pro Tools 18 / HALion 6 / Reason 11

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon (32GB Ram) OSX 10.14.6

UAD Apollo Quad, Motu 828 mkII & mk3 / Avid Artist Control / Blackmagic Intensity Pro
      tarkus1971

Post by tarkus1971 »

Hi

Looking forward to the new CPU updates for version 2, just wondering if installing an SSD into my production PC, might help with some of the audio stutters?

Return to “Voltage Modular”