Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Right now for Windows users.

For Mac users, we're working on it. Not sure, hopefully soon.

Here's the deal - version 2.0 tested out just fine on various Mac OS versions, but for some reason the installer we distributed on the server had the problems people have been reporting. We need to compile it again and re-upload. The software developers might decide to do some tweaks, so that would prolong the process.

Greg
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

cherryaudio Greg wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:26 pm
jlouvar wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:21 pm Hi Greg
I use Acoustica MIxcraft 9.0 Pro Studio... should I upgrade from within MIxcraft or from the web page?

Joe
Hi,

Either way should work just fine (since you're on Windows).

Greg
Thank you Greg. I upgraded from within MIxcraft and Voltage Modular 2.0.13 upgrade was successful. :D
Project

Post by Project »

cherryaudio Greg wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:52 pm
Project wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:49 pm What about user presets and MIDI controller assignments? Are they going to be kept or do we lose them by downgrading to V1?
Hi,

V2 presets won't work in V1 - they'll just cause Voltage Modular to exit.

MIDI controller assignments should be fine.

We'll hopefully have the V2 issues sorted out soon in any case.

Greg
I installed V2 and it found all my V1 user presets. I didn't save any new preset, just loaded them in V2. Are my user presets migrated from V1 already been converted to V2 even if I did not resave them?
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Project wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:51 pm I installed V2 and it found all my V1 user presets. I didn't save any new preset, just loaded them in V2. Are my user presets migrated from V1 already been converted to V2 even if I did not resave them?
Hi,

No, you'd have to re-save them.

Greg
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

I split off a side conversation with Koshdukai here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=952
sksherman

Post by sksherman »

Love the new version. Got the vector bundle. Fabulous presets!

Working on Windows. No issues installing. I get stuttering in the audio much more frequently than with version 1 (standalone). System has plenty of processing and memory headroom. I find that if I flip around the audio drivers in the Voltage Modular settings (ASIO, Windows defaults, VoiceMeeter) it can go away eventually. A bit of a hassle, but just fine when it clears up.

Thanks! 🤓

Steve
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

Keep in mind that Voltage Modular might be downloading modules, art, and presets in the background initially, so it's possible that this kind of stuff will clear up.

Greg
grooveq

Post by grooveq »

agh waddamess
Voltage Modular / Cubase 11 / Pro Tools 18 / HALion 6 / Reason 11

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon (32GB Ram) OSX 10.14.6

UAD Apollo Quad, Motu 828 mkII & mk3 / Avid Artist Control / Blackmagic Intensity Pro
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

josephbottinger wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:51 pm Ian, my hope is that all this is early release jitters - it looks like a big update, so there're lots of tiny things to work out, that just happen to feel like big giant awful things. But skins are usually pretty easy to repair, and chances are the installer glitches are *really* small things as well. Hang in there, brother!
Ian Craig wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:34 pm Conceptually this is a great update, unfortunately visually it isn't, as it has failed to take account for the large number of us who cannot look at everything in black without getting ill (as was the case in Mixcraft 9, where this problem was addressed when the mx8 skin was ported over by one of the devs and which I use). I cannot look at this for long and there doesn't seem to be an option to use version 1, so either an alternative skin similar to the previous version is included or basically I've wasted all my previous investment in the software. If others are noticing cpu spikes as opposed to the previous version, I think these problems should be fixed. Right, I'm off to use something I can look at without getting a headache. Bye
Yeah, I will check back periodically :)
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (Audio Interface)
Mixcraft 7,8 (& sometimes 9) Pro Studio
CairnsMuso

Post by CairnsMuso »

I hate to be the kind of guy that registers on a forum just to complain.

Ummm,

Err.

OK there is no way around it. I registered just to complain !!!

Relatively new user of Voltage, and loving it. Updates such a bonus for an already happy customer.

BUT. CPU usage for me, makes VM almost unusable. Yes, my CPU is relatively old and embarrassing, but I run Studio One with plenty of tracks and plug-ins, and the fact is I hadnt even questioned CPU usage in V1. Im sure I 'could have' caused issues with a monster patch, but working through tutorials, using presets, using it as both instrument AND FX plugin at the same time in S1, and I had never had reason to question the load.

With V2, despite its otherwise obvious glory, I now lack confidence that even a basic patch wont glitch. More complex presets can produce a solid 100% CPU before I play them.

Can I reinstall version 1 without ill effect until 2.0 is sorted?

Return to “Voltage Modular”