Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
dave dove

Re: Voltage Modular 2.0 is here!

Post by dave dove »

vst not showing in ableton here
only au
vst is in correct folder
installed from installer
had to right click > open to get installer to work
osx catalina

still freezes ableton with reason rack in the same project

dave
K-Teck: Colouring with Numbers: M4L and Reaktor devices...
http://k-teck.co.uk/
rsover

Post by rsover »

Anyone seeing a huge increase in CPU load, at least in polyphonic patches?
A lot of presets I used to play in the old version were playing nice at 512 buffer size, in standalone VM.
Now Increased the buffer size to 1024 and still is hanging from time to time.

One base patch that I see this is: Poly Runner 1 from the Core Presets.
Voltage Modular, Arturia V7 Collection / Ableton Live 11 Intro

MacBook Pro 2019, 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 (16GB Ram), OSX Big Sur (11.x)
josephbottinger

Post by josephbottinger »

I'm on OSX, Catalina, 16" MBP. Yesterday I tried to update from within VM, and it failed; I downloaded the installer from the website, and ... it failed. Deleted the application entirely (so no VM installed, no VMMD installed), reran the installer, and it failed again.

This morning, I rebooted the Mac, downloaded the installer AGAIN (removed the old installer), and it STILL failed. It still says the digital signature isn't trusted. Someone else posted the errors in mime types, but here they are anyway:

Code: Select all

May 20 06:57:26 Josephs-MBP Installer[1005]: Package Authoring Error: <background> has an unsupported MIME type: image/data
May 20 06:57:26 Josephs-MBP Installer[1005]: Package Authoring Error: <background-darkAqua> has an unsupported MIME type: image/data
May 20 06:57:26 Josephs-MBP Installer[1005]: Package Authoring Error: <background_scaling> has an unsupported MIME type: X-NSObject/NSNumber
May 20 06:57:26 Josephs-MBP Installer[1005]: Package Authoring Error: <background_alignment> has an unsupported MIME type: X-NSObject/NSNumber
May 20 06:57:26 Josephs-MBP Installer[1005]: Package Authoring Error: <layout-direction> has an unsupported MIME type: X-NSObject/NSNumber
May 20 06:57:26 Josephs-MBP Installer[1005]: PackageKit: invalid package /Users/joeo/Downloads/Voltage-Modular-Installer-2.0.13.pkg has no PackageInfo
May 20 06:57:26 Josephs-MBP Installer[1005]: PKInstallRequest: failed to initialize. Error: Error Domain=PKInstallRequestErrorDomain Code=2 "Specifier Description:<PKPackageSpecifier>:
	{
	    URL = "file:///Users/joeo/Downloads/Voltage-Modular-Installer-2.0.13.pkg#Voltage_Modular_Stand-Alone_Application.pkg";
	    identifier = "com.cherryaudio.pkg.VoltageModularPackage-StandAlone";
	    options = 0;
	    version = "2.0.13";
	}" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Specifier Description:<PKPackageSpecifier>:
	{
	    URL = "file:///Users/joeo/Downloads/Voltage-Modular-Installer-2.0.13.pkg#Voltage_Modular_Stand-Alone_Application.pkg";
	    identifier = "com.cherryaudio.pkg.VoltageModularPackage-StandAlone";
	    options = 0;
	    version = "2.0.13";
	}}
Then I downloaded from the Cherry Audio *front page* - the thing that says "download now," instead of through the store. Different page, but looks like the same file, same location, with the same result. It's not INFORMATIVE but I attached a screenshot of the error.
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-05-20 07.03.46.png
Screenshot 2020-05-20 07.03.46.png (683.48 KiB) Viewed 4455 times
dave dove

Post by dave dove »

@josephbottinger

that last screen I got when I downloaded
I right clicked the installer and selected open
it then asked me if I wanted to open
I selected yes and it installed
this is standard OS X practice with many installers

I'm getting high cpu usage too

Dave
K-Teck: Colouring with Numbers: M4L and Reaktor devices...
http://k-teck.co.uk/
josephbottinger

I was leaving out the security approval process, because you're right, it's very normal for a lot of apps. But I went through that, too, where OSX said "are you sure you want to run this," and I said "yes, dang it, it's Voltage Modular, I want to run it" and gave it permissions in the security system. :)
33 Tetragammon

Post by 33 Tetragammon »

Mac OSC 10.14.6

although i installed ALL versions of the plugin, none of my hosts show VST2/VST3, ONLY AU (except Bitwig, it does not support AU).
tested in Studio One 4, Ableton Live, Bitwig Studio, Maschine, Komplete Kontrol. all running the latest versions.

rescanning plugins in any of them did not resolve the issue.
what's interesting is that the VST 2 and VST 3 plugins are present in their respective plugin folders on my Mac.

also, the installer won't complete download on Safari.
it does work in Google Chrome.

i sent a message to support about it.
josephbottinger

SUCCESS!

Man, I thought I'd tried everything. I had not.

I tried to download with

Code: Select all

wget
. Failure.

I then tried with... GOOGLE CHROME. The .pkg was SLIGHTLY LARGER than the one I'd downloaded with Firefox and wget: it was 250.9MB, not 250.8.

And then, after accepting the security warning, it INSTALLED. And ran. Haven't tried it in Cubase yet.
josephbottinger

I just cranked up Cubase, and as others have reported on FB, the VST is NOT showing up. I installed VST3 originally, because... why would I install others? and the scan showed nothing.

I then reinstalled VST2 (so I have VST3 and VST2) and ... re-scanned, still nothing. I checked to make sure the files were written to the right locations on the filesystem, but the scan still returns no data. I don't know how to access any logs in Cubase to see what it's actually doing as it scans.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Conceptually this is a great update, unfortunately visually it isn't, as it has failed to take account for the large number of us who cannot look at everything in black without getting ill (as was the case in Mixcraft 9, where this problem was addressed when the mx8 skin was ported over by one of the devs and which I use). I cannot look at this for long and there doesn't seem to be an option to use version 1, so either an alternative skin similar to the previous version is included or basically I've wasted all my previous investment in the software. If others are noticing cpu spikes as opposed to the previous version, I think these problems should be fixed. Right, I'm off to use something I can look at without getting a headache. Bye
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (Audio Interface)
Mixcraft 7,8 (& sometimes 9) Pro Studio
Koshdukai

Post by Koshdukai »

Love 90% (arbitrary % here TBH :D) of the new stuff, except the new "modules with normalized signals to IO Panel" concept/feature :(

Return to “Voltage Modular”