Cabinet Presets ... impossible ?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
xuoham

Cabinet Presets ... impossible ?

Post by xuoham »

Would it be reasonably feasible to have the possibility to save presets to a cabinet after it is saved ?

I have the feeling it is impossible, especially regarding cable connections, but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask.

I had some great fun playing with PSP Efemerizer and Benard Macro CV to generate some random FM patches, but since no modules preset can remember the cables connection (Efemerizer has to patch cables to itself), and since i also used a filter and an envelope, it would be great to be able to save a macro of the cabinet being used.

Yes, of course, it's still possible to save the whole preset and fortunately is is very smooth and fast in VM.

So, just out of curiosity and a bit of interest, possible ? not possible ?

Soudns like a progammer nightmare ...
jmatos

Re: Cabinet Presets ... impossible ?

Post by jmatos »

Hi, my work around for that is to put the whole patch in the same cabinet, separated by a blank or some noticeable space. Then when I load the cabinet, I drag down the sections. Hope it helps!
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

Yes, thanks, i see what you mean, which is nice and what i actually sometimes do, but i wished that a right click to recall a cabinet preset (like for modules) would be convenient instead of removing a cabinet and loading another one.
The module's preset management flow applied to cabinets, in other words ... :)
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

I realize that even Efemerizer can't save and recall its internal cable connections.
So i guess saving a cabinet preset the way one saves a modules preset is not possible.

It's OK, i was just curious. ^ ^
sdv

Post by sdv »

This is what I mentioned in my post regarding saving a few selected modules as a 'Container' which could then be loaded into a Cabinet (of course, Cabinet saving would remain a feature for l-o-n-g routings).
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

+1! :)

Return to “Voltage Modular”