New sequencer module is out!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
marltetz

Re: New sequencer module is out!

Post by marltetz »

>fourways
Sent PM and there was omission about >4.
It's not difficult. I try to do so. Also I think the ratio of change of gate length to distance of mouse moving is too low. It'll be changed to that more value change will happen with moving of mouse.
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

Got to beta test a little bit ...

Well, first of all this sequencer is awesome !!

So well thought out.

For example, the randomize at start, in conjunction with the lock buttons, is a terrific idea, but the "current" switch is fantastic. It means that instead of randomizing the set amount from zero, it randomizes from the values already present in the sequencer rows. With a small random amount, you get a sequence that is imperceptibly and slowly evoloving into something els. Very, very nice !!

For now my only wish would be a knob to shift the starting point of the sequence, which i always could do with Reaktor but never could do so easily with Bidule.
But hey, it's already more than i hoped !

I'm sure Tetsuo is putting 50 more time into working on this than what he actually earns selling it, but i'm sure he's gonna sell many of them and carry on with a great programmer reputation !

This sequencer is the bomb !

So far, just one minor thing that i noticed : undo works great but on the row values i can not redo.
No big deal, but i guess this is not normal.

Otherwise, i tried to be nasty with an ultra ultra fast tempo and plenty of randomize at start and the sequencer is very stable !

Kudos !
marltetz

Post by marltetz »

Hi Paul!

Thank you for the report. :D

>starting point of the sequence
will be nice. :)
I want "starting point" knobs or "shift data" knobs (or buttons) for each row. I think "shift" can be easier to implement.
Anyway, size of the module must be increased physically (digitally?) to do this.

About "Redo", I'll take a look it. I might have checked only "Undo".
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

Thank You !

Yes, "shift start point" is an interesting way of doing variations, besides randomization.

One trick that was abke to do succesfully with VariStepSequencer is to modulate the row length (i used remote control) and
use the last row with only one gate signal at the beginning to trigger the "rewind" so that , for example, if i have two rows of 16 steps length, modulating the length of one row will not result in the two rows being offset one to another because they are being reset by the "rewind" trigger.
You can of course trigger much later to have a more offset feeling.

So many possibilities in this genius sequencer !
marltetz

Post by marltetz »

Wow, complex and ingenious usage. Remote Control module is one of greatest things on VM.

"Shift" I said here is to shift the data on the grid to left or right. I have thought it can substitute "changing starting point".
But it seemed that "Changing starting point" itself can make things fun and interesting. :D
I will try to put both.

>"Redo"
is not functioned. I have to ask Cherry Audio about this. Thanks for the report!
dasmode

Post by dasmode »

Last edited by dasmode on Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    xuoham

Post by xuoham »

marltetz wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:05 am Remote Control module is one of greatest things on VM.
    Yes, i agree ! One of the first modules i bought ! :D
    Last edited by xuoham on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
    xuoham

Post by xuoham »

dasmode wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:10 am What is the current version now. I still have 24.
    Still in beta, which is a good sign ! No rush ! :)
    marltetz

Post by marltetz »

Currently, "Redo"ing for CV/gate/prob grid is not functioned. At this moment, I cannot say it's possible or not in next version.
    After I finished to implement remained functions (probably, next week), I want it to go to testing.
    Remained functions are "setting starting point" and "shifting data on the grids to left and right".

>dasmode
    It's still in beta as xuoham said. Sorry for patience.
    If you can participate beta testing, please send me your email address!
    xuoham

Post by xuoham »

I have to bump this thread, this sequencer is so, so much fun.

Today i played, thanks to Remote Control, with the sequence length again, with the last sequencer row resetting the offset sequence back to normal through the rewind button.

I love the copy/paste function, the ability to have quintuplets and other odd divisions, the probability window, awesome !!

In this video you can see that the last row with just one gate signal to reset the sequence has a probability around 75 which means that most of the time the sequence goes back to normal after 4 beats and sometimes it resets after 8 beats, thus playing the second row, offset or not.
    The sound is not too good because of my crappy screen recorder. Anyway, it is a quick and dirty sequence to test further the possibilities.

https://youtu.be/jgEEJgSToiA

Thank you, thank you for such a great toy !

Still in beta but already very stable and performing very smoothly.

Not affiliated in any way, just a very happy owner.

Return to “Voltage Modular”