GUI problem since 1.05 update

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
martb

GUI problem since 1.05 update

Post by martb »

Since the 1.05 update I'm experiencing an issue with blurry graphics, most apparent on the i/o panel at the top. On first opening the ui, the graphics appear normal, but if I zoom in using the mouse wheel then select the menu option to 'fit vertical' they appear very blurry. Windows 10/64 - standalone and plugin.

edit: this is in standard pixel density mode.

Before and after pics
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Re: GUI problem since 1.05 update

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Martb,

Please send your latest log file to support@cherryaudio.com . Log files can be found by going to the Settings, choosing "Interface" and clicking the "Show Log File" button. Grab your most recent log file and send it, please. There weren't any big changes in this area, so this could be a coincidence.

-Garcia
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Here's something to try: right-click on the Voltage Modular icon, select Properties and choose the Compatibility tab. Go into DPI settings and see if any of the options here help.
Windows DPI settings.
Windows DPI settings.
winDPIsettings.png (228.5 KiB) Viewed 4976 times
Greg
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

martb wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:19 pm Since the 1.05 update I'm experiencing an issue with blurry graphics, most apparent on the i/o panel at the top. On first opening the ui, the graphics appear normal, but if I zoom in using the mouse wheel then select the menu option to 'fit vertical' they appear very blurry.
Hi there, we've tried to reproduce this and we're not having any luck. I've tried zooming out, then setting zoom to 'fit vertical', and I've tried zooming in, then setting zoom to 'fit vertical', and in every case the image is sharp. Is there any chance you could shoot a video and show us the steps you're taking to reproduce the problem? It would really help us out!

Thanks,
Dan
antic604

Post by antic604 »

martb wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:19 pmSince the 1.05 update I'm experiencing an issue with blurry graphics, most apparent on the i/o panel at the top. On first opening the ui, the graphics appear normal, but if I zoom in using the mouse wheel then select the menu option to 'fit vertical' they appear very blurry. Windows 10/64 - standalone and plugin.
It would hep if you said with DAW and OS is this.

cherryaudio Greg wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:08 pmHere's something to try: right-click on the Voltage Modular icon, select Properties and choose the Compatibility tab. Go into DPI settings and see if any of the options here help.
This - unfortunately - doesn't work for when VM is run as a plug-in. It's only in standalone mode :(
martb

Post by martb »

@cherrydan, @cherrygarcia I sent an email to support that contains a video clip and the latest log file.

@cherrygreg I tried various combinations of the settings you suggested, but nothing makes any difference.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Martb,

We see what's going on now. Thanks for providing the files and info! (=

-Garcia

PS: This has been fixed for the upcoming 1.0.6 or greater.
martb

Post by martb »

Cherry Garcia wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:32 pm Martb,

We see what's going on now. Thanks for providing the files and info! (=

-Garcia

PS: This has been fixed for the upcoming 1.0.6 or greater.
Great - thanks! :D

Return to “Voltage Modular”