Zeroscillator !!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
martb

Re: Zeroscillator !!

Post by martb »

JJHP3 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:35 pm Hi All

I bought the module and now I'm trying to find the presets for Zeroscillator. Can anyone point me in the correct direction?
https://store.cherryaudio.com/presets/z ... r-presets1
JJHP3

Post by JJHP3 »

Thanks! I just discovered them myself borrowing into the store... John
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

Ah, the joys of auto-correct ...
It's actually possible to borrow into the store:
without demo mode i wouldn't have bought half of what i have. :D
jmatos

Post by jmatos »

Can someone give me suggestions on how to use this module? Don't quite understand how to use it.

Thanks!
MRBarton

Post by MRBarton »

Hi jmatos,

Please use the 'contact manufacturer' link in the store to email me with any questions you may have. I will gladly guide you and get you going with the ZO. The best way to understand what's going on is to download and experiment with the Zeroscillator Presets. Load a sound, and while playing with it, turn the various modulation attenuators to hear what effect they have. Also experiment with the all the oscillator tunings in the patch. FM synthesis relies on oscillator frequency ratios to produce the various timbres. Have fun experimenting. There may be a "standard" way of using the ZO, but there is definitely no "right" way.

A thorough read of the description on the ZO product page is essential. Also, the web and Youtube are full of articles and videos on the theory of FM synthesis. A deep mathematical understanding is certainly not necessary, but a basic understanding of what's going on with FM is certainly helpful.

Stay well,
--mb

Return to “Voltage Modular”