Yellow Dot in Library

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
SimonOR

Yellow Dot in Library

Post by SimonOR »

What is the significance of the yellow dot on some items in the modules tab of the library? I cannot find anything about it in the manual.
Yellow Dot.png
Yellow Dot.png (29.28 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
marltetz

Re: Yellow Dot in Library

Post by marltetz »

Hi,
I think it says that "the module is updated!" :D
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Yes,

It means that its new or updated. Think of it like the dot on an unread email in many email clients.
SimonOR

Post by SimonOR »

Hello Marltetz and Cherry Garcia.

Yes, I initially expected that the yellow dot had something to do with newness. However, for me, the yellow dot does not appear to consistently indicate modules that are new or updated, if 'new' means 'new to me'. There is no correlation with whether or not I have used a module or read its info. I don't think any of the yellow dots have ever disappeared, though they can be removed manually by clicking on them. Pending clarification, I've only manually removed two yellow dots that way.

If the dots can only be removed by clicking on them, that's not a problem. But I would like to know why some modules get added to my library with yellow dots while others get added without them.

For example, I demoed and then purchased the Vult Fury and Rage bundles at the same time. The purchase date was 21 November 2019. Today, 30 November 2019. The whole time the Vult modules have been in my library, some have had yellow dots, some have not. Here are five of them.
Yellow Dots.png
Yellow Dots.png (147.97 KiB) Viewed 2842 times
Of those, I've been using Basal and Bleak for a couple of weeks, I've tried Caudal and probably have not yet tried Debriatus or Decline.

Simon
marltetz

Post by marltetz »

Hi,
New module without yellow dot appears?
Okay, I'll keep watching for similar situation on my VM.

Return to “Voltage Modular”