Randomize Modules (right click menu)

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
topaz

Randomize Modules (right click menu)

Post by topaz »

I have been using VCV rack for a s short time and although not as integrated as VM and lacks in decent touchscreen support the thing that makes it shine out over VM is the Randomize Module (right click)

Can you please get this as a per module option in Voltage Modular.

Warm regards
Matt
wavemechanic

Re: Randomize Modules (right click menu)

Post by wavemechanic »

Agreed. Moreover, Vult plugins have really nice randomization options in VCV but are completely absent in VM, though this is not the fault of Vault. Yes, I'm a poet and I know it. :P
xuoham

Post by xuoham »

:D
Benard

Post by Benard »

I agree that this would be a useful feature to have in VM. But just for the record, and in case some of you are not aware of this, many of my modules have their own randomization features, including voltage triggered randomization, which takes it a step further than what's possible with right-click randomization in VCV. Have a look for example at Slider Box. It's also possible to use this in combination with the Remote Control module to randomize pretty much any module at will. Granted, this is not the same as, and it requires more steps than, just right-clicking, but it might be a good alternative for now, and can be used to trigger the randomization with CV as well.
fourways

Post by fourways »

Benard wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:36 pm I agree that this would be a useful feature to have in VM. But just for the record, and in case some of you are not aware of this, many of my modules have their own randomization features, including voltage triggered randomization, which takes it a step further than what's possible with right-click randomization in VCV. Have a look for example at Slider Box. It's also possible to use this in combination with the Remote Control module to randomize pretty much any module at will. Granted, this is not the same as, and it requires more steps than, just right-clicking, but it might be a good alternative for now, and can be used to trigger the randomization with CV as well.
Yes, your modules are life saver for me :) But it would be great to have this randomization for, let's say, Cherry Audio Sequencers and other modules also. Probably it's not that hard to implement, but it will save a lot of time to many.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Bump.

Return to “Voltage Modular”