Switching Sequencers

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
DarkStar

Switching Sequencers

Post by DarkStar »

@ Ian,
Ian Craig wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:00 pm Also if anyone could explain how to trigger sequences in sequence so that one starts when another ends, I would be very grateful as it would probably save me another month of my life. Thanks :mrgreen:
Not what you want, but this may save you a day or two. :)

Image Big pic >>> https://i.imgur.com/82CkbgB.png

-- in the 1x8 switch, the input (effectively from a MIDI Note On) is switched between outputs 1, 2 and 3,
-- output 1 starts the first Sequencer and stops the second,
-- output 1 stops the first Sequencer and starts the second,
-- output 3 stops them both.

If you change the number of steps to 2, then each MIDI Note will switch to the other Sequencer.

The preset is attached, put it in a sub-folder in your User Presets folder (C:\Users\DarkStar\AppData\Roaming\Voltage\Presets\User Presets here).
Attachments
Sequenced_Seqs_02.voltagepreset
(7.41 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
DarkStar ... interesting, if true. // Inspired by ...
Ian Craig

Re: Switching Sequencers

Post by Ian Craig »

DarkStar wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:29 pm @ Ian,
Ian Craig wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:00 pm Also if anyone could explain how to trigger sequences in sequence so that one starts when another ends, I would be very grateful as it would probably save me another month of my life. Thanks :mrgreen:
Not what you want, but this may save you a day or two. :)

Image Big pic >>> https://i.imgur.com/82CkbgB.png

-- in the 1x8 switch, the input (effectively from a MIDI Note On) is switched between outputs 1, 2 and 3,
-- output 1 starts the first Sequencer and stops the second,
-- output 1 stops the first Sequencer and starts the second,
-- output 3 stops them both.

If you change the number of steps to 2, then each MIDI Note will switch to the other Sequencer.

The preset is attached, put it in a sub-folder in your User Presets folder (C:\Users\DarkStar\AppData\Roaming\Voltage\Presets\User Presets here).

Brilliant, thanks Darkstar. You are a gentleman :D
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz,
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (Audio Interface)
Mixcraft 7,8 (& sometimes 9) Pro Studio
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

The next problem is how to switch off the sequencers at the end of the desired time Image. As I said on the other thread earlier I keep making giant ideas :D
Attachments
2019-09-23 20_59_21-Voltage Modular 1.3.16.jpg
2019-09-23 20_59_21-Voltage Modular 1.3.16.jpg (895.34 KiB) Viewed 3729 times
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
SA2K

Post by SA2K »

How about someone attach an example patch that that is wired to actually make sound with 64-128 steps with the 16 step sequencer without key press switching but with external clock automatically and a detailed description of how to do it. Also how to sequence using the Octagon Sequencer, Matrix Sequencer & Stochastic Sequencer if the technique differs from the 16 step sequencer technique. I fooled around with the supplied patch and didn't know what to attach the outputs of the sixteen step sequencers to and don't want to control the sequences via key press to alternate between sequences. Can you help?
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Okay, I've put this preset together. It took hours to get it to work. It has 96 steps (Steps 9-16 of the Octagon sequencers are viewable by the switch bank button on the top left). I didn't take it to 128 due to needing to use multiples that would only have been more confusing. I stuck a note on it too. I don't understand the other 2 sequencers you mention so I don't use them. Maybe someone else can explain them. I hope this works for you at 96 steps as a good start point. Good luck :D
96 sequence steps.voltagepreset
(69.76 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
2TB SSD etc, 40GB RAM,
Windows 10 Professional
khapahk1956

Post by khapahk1956 »

SA2K wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:45 am How about someone attach an example patch that that is wired to actually make sound with 64-128 steps with the 16 step sequencer without key press switching but with external clock automatically and a detailed description of how to do it. Also how to sequence using the Octagon Sequencer, Matrix Sequencer & Stochastic Sequencer if the technique differs from the 16 step sequencer technique. I fooled around with the supplied patch and didn't know what to attach the outputs of the sixteen step sequencers to and don't want to control the sequences via key press to alternate between sequences. Can you help?
I can't help with the Matrix and Stochastic sequencers as I don't have any of the Benard modules (yet!) but the Octagon has an extensive entry in the Cherry Audio Documentation pages and has a video as well. Have you tried those yet ?

Return to “Voltage Modular”