When a key is pressed, the next available "lane" is used, up to the Number of Voices.These are a special type of jack that can transmit up to sixteen separate "lanes" of CV's, for use with special poly modules from Cherry Audio, PSP, and others. They make creating and playing poly patches a cinch!
- the attributes (pitch, gate on and vel ) of the first key pressed are sent on lane 1
- the attributes of the second key pressed if the first key is still held down are sent on lane 2
- the attributes of the third key pressed if the first 2 keys are still held down are sent on lane 3
- if the first key is released then "Gate off" "Note Off vel" are sent on lane 1, then lane 1 becomes available again
- if another key is pressed its attributes are sent on lane 1
- if another key is pressed its attributes are sent on lane 4
The polyphony can go up to 16. If the Number of Voices is set to, say, 4, what happens when the 5th note is pressed. Which lane is released and re-used?
- lane 1?
- the lane with the oldest note on it?