Feature Request: Metatags for Search/Sort/Filter

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
wavemechanic

Feature Request: Metatags for Search/Sort/Filter

Post by wavemechanic »

I wish very much that I could assign metatags to each module and Search, Filter or Sort by them. I cannot pull up many plugins that should come up under certain searches. One example, "filter" doesn't pull up Vult filters, so it's a pain to find them. I have to search for Vult and filter by category. Ideally, each module could have multiple metatags, so they would appear in several metatag categories. I want to be able to categorize and search by my own metatags, so I can get modules like those from Vult to show up when I search for distortion, gain, filter or whatever. Even if developers were comprehensive in making modules show up in relevant searches, it's still not as good as if I could sort them myself. Logic Pro's Plugin Manager is a good example of how I wish this would work. Voltage Modular is already my favorite soft synth. This is just something that would help me work a lot quicker.
wavemechanic

Re: Feature Request: Metatags for Search/Sort/Filter

Post by wavemechanic »

Not having this is driving me insane. I cannot find many modules due to non-descriptive names. If I search for "filter" many filters don't come up. I desperately want/need a meta-tagging system that I can search. This problem is getting worse each month. :/ I LOVE the expansions; I just REALLY want a way to organize them.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.

There is a space for developers to add keywords to the modules. It's always good for developers to try to think up possible search terms and add those.

Greg
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

I'm asking for USER-controlled metatags, not developer-controlled metatags. It's nice that they can do it, but I need my own.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

This cannot be left to the Vendors only. No one is going to use the same conventions (already proven). That's why the same feature has been such a godsend in Logic Pro. We can metatag every plugin we own and organize them as we see fit. I'm struggling to understand why this idea doesn't impress.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the feature suggestion!

Greg
SimonOR

Post by SimonOR »

+1
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Thank you, Greg. Holding my breath for this.
fourways

Post by fourways »

+1

Return to “Voltage Modular”