modules you would like to have

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
sincostan

modules you would like to have

Post by sincostan »

I would like to have a better mixer that is a bit bigger for easier mouse fiddling and with more slot of sends and inserts. I don't need that much eq.

And all kinds of sequencers, like crazy xox, step sequencers for melody that can set duration and other parameters per step. This kind of modules inspire me very much.
sincostan

Re: modules you would like to have

Post by sincostan »

For sequencers I mean MIDI sequencers of course, because per step velocity/pitch wouldn't make sense otherwise.

I imagine a lot of nice ways to sequence like with hardware machines, but on a screen in voltage modular. Like when you would have have a modular synth, a 808 and some other sequencing boxes and a hardware mixer. I like this workflow very much compared to sequencing in a sequence like Logic.

Even when voltage modular is a modular emulation incorporating modules that emulates hardware boxes or sequencer on MIDI level would be something that I find highly desirable.
JackJackdaw

Post by JackJackdaw »

sincostan wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:31 pm For sequencers I mean MIDI sequencers of course, because per step velocity/pitch wouldn't make sense otherwise.

I imagine a lot of nice ways to sequence like with hardware machines, but on a screen in voltage modular. Like when you would have have a modular synth, a 808 and some other sequencing boxes and a hardware mixer. I like this workflow very much compared to sequencing in a sequence like Logic.

Even when voltage modular is a modular emulation incorporating modules that emulates hardware boxes or sequencer on MIDI level would be something that I find highly desirable.
I highly recommend getting a Beatstep Pro. It works great with everything and brings a tactile element to the software modular experience.
JackJackdaw

Post by JackJackdaw »

I would like a function generator module that has AD envelope generators with exponential control and end of cycle cv. I did a post asking for suggestions of a Maths style module and got no replies so I assume there isn’t one available yet.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

I'd like a bigger/better waveform display à la VCV Scope. VCV has nice oscilloscopes. The current one is tiny. :)
Captain

Post by Captain »

wavemechanic wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 pm I'd like a bigger/better waveform display à la VCV Scope. VCV has nice oscilloscopes. The current one is tiny. :)
I’m working on something like that! I have already used it myself for analyzing & debugging other modules I have in the works, and I think it’s pretty useful. The basic functionality is already there, just need to make it look nice & add some features, and it’s ready for release. (Yeah, only the last 10% of work that takes 90% of development time... :D )
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Sweet!
Rockky

Post by Rockky »

sincostan wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:27 pm I would like to have a better mixer that is a bit bigger for easier mouse fiddling and with more slot of sends and inserts. I don't need that much eq.
I would really like a better mixer, especially one that has multiple stereo aux in and out for multiple effects sends.
If anyone's familiar with VCV Rack then I'm talking about something like the combination of MindMeld MixMaster and AuxSpander.
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

Does anyone make a sequencer that's super easy to gang up with duplicates of itself in order to make 32, 48, 64, etc long sequences?
Rockky

Post by Rockky »

schoekah wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:25 am Does anyone make a sequencer that's super easy to gang up with duplicates of itself in order to make 32, 48, 64, etc long sequences?
It's not as super easy as having a sequencer with chaining built in, but I've been able to chain sequences together by passing gate from sequencer 1 into a Benard Trigger Counter module that when x steps completes resets its own count, resets and stops sequencer 1 and starts sequencer 2 etc. And then on the very last sequencer I use a Boolean Logic module OR gate with the output as sequencer 1 to make the whole bunch of sequences loop again.
Not pretty, but works and I suppose the advantage is you can use this with any combination of sequencers you want provided you can start, stop and reset them through CV signals.
There may be a way to get this same idea working with the Cherry Audio standard modules like the switches, but I didn't have any joy with that.

Return to “Voltage Modular”