modules you would like to have

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
andro

Re: modules you would like to have

Post by andro »

The issue I have with the 'I'd like to have what VCV rack and Eurorack hardware has' threads is that VCV Rack has a very (very) large developer community, and CA is very small, and useful, good modules are complex and time consuming to write. I am producing a dozen at the moment but they won't be finished for a year. So I think the limited resources of the CA ecosystem need to be borne in mind. And I'm sure every commercial CA developer has a long list of modules they would like to implement, but time and space prevent it.

Not sure if you can do polls in phpBB (Hi CA - you can in Discourse!) but perhaps that would be a practical idea, and some developers may choose projects based on the result, possibly.
Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 »

wavemechanic wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 pm I'd like a bigger/better waveform display à la VCV Scope. VCV has nice oscilloscopes. The current one is tiny. :)
What about this? https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/comparator-l
Last edited by Nrgzr78 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 »

HowlingMod wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:40 pm
flucatcher wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:35 pm
wavemechanic wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 pm I'd like a bigger/better waveform display à la VCV Scope. VCV has nice oscilloscopes. The current one is tiny. :)
Self promotion here (not sure if thats ok). You can try my (weevil) Multi Oscilloscope, handles up to 6 inputs and input range from CV rate to audio rate. Free to try, and you can always let me know how it can be improved.
great scope, i had already mentioned some improvements options (+10/-10 go over the limits..), faster refresh rate, sometimes a sine is cut off.
perhaps an XY mode? a grid. and labels.

and i mentioned in this thread the MSEG, time based ánd CV controlled (that the voltage controls the position on the envelope form... or how is it called).
What do you think about this one? https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/comparator-l
Last edited by Nrgzr78 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 »

schoekah wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:44 pm thanks for the replies to my sequencer question (sorry, didn't want to take over this post on a tangent, thanks to those that responded)

I'd love an exciting clock divider/multiplier - any good ones out there, or is this something that you think we need also?
(I don't have a good handle on what 3rd party developers are offering - do you have a favorite?)

thanks!
Have a look at this one.. https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/nrgzr78-clocker or https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/n ... metronomer
Last edited by Nrgzr78 on Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jmatos

Post by jmatos »

schoekah wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:44 pm thanks for the replies to my sequencer question (sorry, didn't want to take over this post on a tangent, thanks to those that responded)

I'd love an exciting clock divider/multiplier - any good ones out there, or is this something that you think we need also?
(I don't have a good handle on what 3rd party developers are offering - do you have a favorite?)

thanks!
Check out Clk Mod by Ben Davis. It has probability, multiplier, divider, and other things. It's great.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

JackJackdaw wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:29 am I would like a function generator module that has AD envelope generators with exponential control and end of cycle cv. I did a post asking for suggestions of a Maths style module and got no replies so I assume there isn’t one available yet.
Agreed.
doctoremmet

Post by doctoremmet »

Captain wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:06 am
I’m working on something like that! I have already used it myself for analyzing & debugging other modules I have in the works, and I think it’s pretty useful. The basic functionality is already there, just need to make it look nice & add some features, and it’s ready for release. (Yeah, only the last 10% of work that takes 90% of development time... :D )
Has this scope been released?
farbstoff-fabrik

Post by farbstoff-fabrik »

Ah, let me post my lil list of wishes :), not in a particular order:

0. Sh101 style (Osc) mixer with faders Up/down with cv to modulate the volume for sidechain styled effects
1. Sh101 osc
2. Sh101 filter
3. Wasp filter
4. Polyvox filter
5. C64 oscillator (See the succes of insidious, should be in the cabinet)
6. C64 filter
7. Alpha juno chorus
8. Alpha juno dco
9. Tr909 snare (@misfitaudio please add, it needs to be there already, really)
10. Serum like LFO with the capability to draw the lfo in, in time segments and lock it to a grid, both lin and exponential.
11. Arturia steiner parker with the sick drive/brute knob, but i guess vult made that already. Will check that out soon.

If anyone picks up an idea, feel free to contact me for gui design. I would like to do that again. I cant do java :roll: nor have the time to learn it unfortunately.

Cheers,

Matt
Captain

Post by Captain »

doctoremmet wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:14 pm
Captain wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:06 am
I’m working on something like that! I have already used it myself for analyzing & debugging other modules I have in the works, and I think it’s pretty useful. The basic functionality is already there, just need to make it look nice & add some features, and it’s ready for release. (Yeah, only the last 10% of work that takes 90% of development time... :D )
Has this scope been released?
Sorry, not yet... it’s irritatingly close to being finished, I have just been caught up with other things recently. Hoping to get it done & out in the near future!

Return to “Voltage Modular”