modules you would like to have

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
flucatcher

Re: modules you would like to have

Post by flucatcher »

wavemechanic wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 pm I'd like a bigger/better waveform display à la VCV Scope. VCV has nice oscilloscopes. The current one is tiny. :)
Self promotion here (not sure if thats ok). You can try my (weevil) Multi Oscilloscope, handles up to 6 inputs and input range from CV rate to audio rate. Free to try, and you can always let me know how it can be improved.
dasmode

Post by dasmode »

Last edited by dasmode on Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
    jmatos

Post by jmatos »

Weevil's oscilloscope is very useful and looks quite good.

I'd love to see recreations of real Eurorack modules, like VCV has done. Befaco, Erica Synths, etc.
    wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

jmatos wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:41 pm Weevil's oscilloscope is very useful and looks quite good.

I'd love to see recreations of real Eurorack modules, like VCV has done. Befaco, Erica Synths, etc.
    Agreed.
    HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

a MSEG, time based (of course) and that can react to CV (for curves: MPE, and other uses). and that also can be polyphonic.
    Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
    HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

flucatcher wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:35 pm
    wavemechanic wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 pm I'd like a bigger/better waveform display à la VCV Scope. VCV has nice oscilloscopes. The current one is tiny. :)
    Self promotion here (not sure if thats ok). You can try my (weevil) Multi Oscilloscope, handles up to 6 inputs and input range from CV rate to audio rate. Free to try, and you can always let me know how it can be improved.
    great scope, i had already mentioned some improvements options (+10/-10 go over the limits..), faster refresh rate, sometimes a sine is cut off.
    perhaps an XY mode? a grid. and labels.

and i mentioned in this thread the MSEG, time based ánd CV controlled (that the voltage controls the position on the envelope form... or how is it called).
    Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
    schoekah

Post by schoekah »

thanks for the replies to my sequencer question (sorry, didn't want to take over this post on a tangent, thanks to those that responded)

I'd love an exciting clock divider/multiplier - any good ones out there, or is this something that you think we need also?
    (I don't have a good handle on what 3rd party developers are offering - do you have a favorite?)

thanks!
    MRBarton

Post by MRBarton »

To whomever is doing scope modules:
    What is lacking on all, (unless I missed it somewhere) is triggered sweep with variable +/- threshold. Also, delayed sweep would be great, you know, like on a real scope. Both of these things should be easy to implement if you've already got a scope working. Pleeeez.
    xuoham

Post by xuoham »

jmatos wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:41 pm I'd love to see recreations of real Eurorack modules, like VCV has done. Befaco, Erica Synths, etc.
    Me too :!:
    rsover

Post by rsover »

If I am not using the Octagon with (32 steps), I am using the plugin host and one free sequencer from FullBucket.
    You can record steps by playing keyboard, copy banks and alter, and send 2 configurable modulation variables. The inconvenience will be that you need to work with midi converters.
    Easy to setup instead of multiple modules to do sequencer chaining if you need more steps.
    Attachments
    Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 09.14.39.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 09.14.39.png (768.03 KiB) Viewed 3511 times
    Voltage Modular, Arturia V7 Collection / Ableton Live 11 Intro

MacBook Pro 2019, 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 (16GB Ram), OSX Big Sur (11.x)

Return to “Voltage Modular”