No sound from PSP modules

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Demious

No sound from PSP modules

Post by Demious »

I thought to make good use from the current discounts and got the PSP modules, but I notice those are a bit different than what Ive been using so far. Ive used the default Poly Oscilator, PSP Filter Poly, PSP Enveloper Poly and PSP Amp Poly and connected those in the same way the that is shown in the instroduction videos, only from the poly CV Outs and with a Poly Oscilator, of course, but I dont get any sound.

Does this chain need any additional connections or modules, or any specific settings on any of the modules?

And btw, is there a manual for the PSP modules? Any tutorial videos? Im been searching, but I havent been able to find anything.

Cheers!
Maarten
Demious

Re: No sound from PSP modules

Post by Demious »

So far I found that its the Enveloper that blocks the sound, althoug I can see from the LEDs the signal is moving theough the module. When I change it for the ADSR Poly everything works as expected.
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

Can you attach a .voltagepreset file, so we can give it a try and see if we can help you solve your problem?

Thanks,
Dan
Demious

Post by Demious »

Okay, I figured out how to attach files. I know, those things are simple, but Im nuts. I dont see any difficulties in the biggest mixing desks everyone sees as overly complicated, but I need my girlfriend to adjust the clock in my car... :P

Ah well, here is the preset, its very simple
Dem - PSP Test.voltagepreset
(6.47 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
The attachment Dem - PSP Test.voltagepreset is no longer available
arbuxMusic

Post by arbuxMusic »

I have absolutely no idea how to use the PSP modules yet (and couldn't find good documentation on them) but have found if you adjust the "S Level" to the right (clockwise) of your patch for any of P1, P2 or P3, sound comes out of the module. (P1 seems to be attack, P2 delay, P3 Sustain, E release).

Bernard's Poly CV Display module is handy for debugging these modules.
Demious

Post by Demious »

I got it, thanks mate!

Very strange, though. We get as example that envelopers are set up to produce sound when you insert them and it seems that the knobs of the PSP modules are at 50%... Very confusing

Return to “Voltage Modular”