Studio One 4 Track Automation randomly disables for Performance Knob automation on playback

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
arbuxMusic

Studio One 4 Track Automation randomly disables for Performance Knob automation on playback

Post by arbuxMusic »

I'm having a specific issue with Studio One 4 track automation and the performance knobs.

I have a Voltage Modular synth with track automation (shown in the gif below) for 3 parameters.

The "activate" (power) buttons on the left side disable themselves randomly during playback for the Feature knob automation. In the gif example below, they both deactivate after bar 14.

Some notes from my investigation:
  1. The automation tracks deactivate at different points each time I play the track (sometimes within a couple of bars of starting).
  2. While the example above shows the two automation tracks disabling at the same time, they also disable independently of each other on some playbacks.
  3. There is no other automation I can find that would cause this (SO4 doesn't allow that flag to be automated).
  4. This doesn't happen for the direct Midi control track automation (where I automated a filter directly on the device) - only on the feature buttons.
  5. Disabling all other instruments in the project has no effect on this occuring.
  6. I hate saying this but... I haven't seen this behaviour on other VSTs at the moment. I'm happy to log a bug with Presonus, but I expect they'll ask me to talk to you first.
I have attached the preset file in case it's relevant.

Would you be able to assist with investigating why this behaviour is occuring please?

Please let me know if there is any further information I can provide.

Preset:
Debug 1.voltagepreset
(10.44 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
arbuxMusic

Re: Studio One 4 Track Automation randomly disables for Performance Knob automation on playback

Post by arbuxMusic »

A quick update: I changed all of the Performance Knobs to device control automation (via midi learn) and it works perfectly.

It looks like something around the Performance Knob and the track automation is not connecting well in Studio One.

Return to “Voltage Modular”