Polyphony for an VST effect in the Plugin-in-host

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
_Ö_

Polyphony for an VST effect in the Plugin-in-host

Post by _Ö_ »

Hello, i would like to be able to create a physically modeled-like synth in VM, using a sampler as my exciter source and a modal filter VST as my resonator. I successfully created my synth but it's monophonic only, which modules should i use to make it polyphonic (if that's possible) ?

PS: i downloaded the trial version of VM an hour ago, i didn’t have the time to learn it properly
but i want to know if i can create that specific patch because it will determine whether ot not i’m buying it
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Re: Polyphony for an VST effect in the Plugin-in-host

Post by Cherry Dan »

Hi,

The sampler modules are monophonic, but you can control multiple sample modules using the Poly CV Converter module. So add 4 samplers, each loaded with the same sample, and hook MIDI up to the Poly CV Converter module, then use the gate & pitch CV for each of the 4 channels to control each of the 4 samplers. This should get you the polyphonic signal you want!

All the best,
Dan
_Ö_

Post by _Ö_ »

Thanks, the same process applies to the filters i suppose ?
Since they are the ones generating the notes (resonant filters)
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

_Ö_ wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:34 pm Thanks, the same process applies to the filters i suppose ?
Since they are the ones generating the notes (resonant filters)
Yes, that's correct. It's easier to use Voltage Modular's own polyphonic modules and filters, but with the Poly CV Converter module, you can make pretty much anything polyphonic.

Dan

Return to “Voltage Modular”