User manual, pdf

Post Reply
User avatar
antic604
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:14 pm
Location: Warsaw

Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:43 am

I like to think of myself as quite knowledgeable when it comes to creating patches in normal synths, but it's a whole different ballpark with modular systems, where you need to put basic components together by yourself. Hence a good, thorough documentation is crucial, explaining at the least what each socket, knob and slider is for (when it's not obvious :)) and how it would be used typically.

So far I've found this - https://docs.cherryaudio.com/cherry-audio - but:
a) it doesn't cover the core modules,
b) it's not possible to d/l in .pdf or any other convenient off-line format for reading on a bus or in bed ;)

I'm sure a) is going to be made available gradually, but what about b) - is it planned at all?
cherryMitch
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:26 am

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:47 am

antic604 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:43 am
I like to think of myself as quite knowledgeable when it comes to creating patches in normal synths, but it's a whole different ballpark with modular systems, where you need to put basic components together by yourself. Hence a good, thorough documentation is crucial, explaining at the least what each socket, knob and slider is for (when it's not obvious :)) and how it would be used typically.

So far I've found this - https://docs.cherryaudio.com/cherry-audio - but:
a) it doesn't cover the core modules,
b) it's not possible to d/l in .pdf or any other convenient off-line format for reading on a bus or in bed ;)

I'm sure a) is going to be made available gradually, but what about b) - is it planned at all?
Re the core modules, we'll probably tackle this eventually, but it's a fairly large task. I know this doesn't help much, but I wrote docs for the Drum Trigger Sequencer, Vocoder, and Additive Oscillator, because they're the trickiest modules to understand, and we'll prioritize modules that aren't fairly obvious in their functionality.

As an aside, individual module docs will always be separate from the main Voltage Modular user guide (otherwise we'd forever be tacking things onto it).

We'll almost certainly make a PDF version of the entire manual, it's been discussed, just a time issue to lay the whole thing out in InDesign.
User avatar
antic604
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:14 pm
Location: Warsaw

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:07 am

cherryMitch wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:47 am
Re the core modules, we'll probably tackle this eventually, but it's a fairly large task. I know this doesn't help much, but I wrote docs for the Drum Trigger Sequencer, Vocoder, and Additive Oscillator, because they're the trickiest modules to understand, and we'll prioritize modules that aren't fairly obvious in their functionality.

As an aside, individual module docs will always be separate from the main Voltage Modular user guide (otherwise we'd forever be tacking things onto it).

We'll almost certainly make a PDF version of the entire manual, it's been discussed, just a time issue to lay the whole thing out in InDesign.
Thanks, looking forward to those. In the mean time I'll do my own exploring, learning through trial & error :)
josep
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:38 pm

Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:43 pm

I am currently converting "docs.cherryaudio.com" to pdf with Mellel text editor, for personal use only ... but i could upload for others once finished - of course, provided CherryAudio gives me permision to do it :?:
josep
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:38 pm

Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:19 pm

Done! ... 86 pages ... including mXparser quick reference 8-)
I could share the PDF if CherryAudio let me to do it ...

Image
Cherry Dan
Site Admin
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:36 pm

Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Cool! By all means, you have our permission.

Dan
josep
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:38 pm

Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:39 pm

Cherry Dan wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:23 pm
Cool! By all means, you have our permission.
There we go then! ;)

Voltage Modular Web Manual.pdf

NOTE: I have uploaded the PDF to a free online uploader, so the file will be available just for 30 days ... I would suggest that you (CherryAudio) take the file and upload it to Dropbox or similar server to make it permanently available to VM Users.
cherryMitch
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:26 am

Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:10 pm

josep wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:43 pm
I am currently converting "docs.cherryaudio.com" to pdf with Mellel text editor, for personal use only ... but i could upload for others once finished - of course, provided CherryAudio gives me permision to do it :?:
Less time converting manuals for me = more time making new modules! Thanks!

(that said, I'll probably make a "fancy" version of the PDF sooner or later)
whywhy
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:45 am

Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:01 am

Thanks Josep!
The shift and drag for multi cable destination is gold !
More CV input and attenuators !
Post Reply