Standalone Voltage Modular sync to Reason

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Mariusz B.

Standalone Voltage Modular sync to Reason

Post by Mariusz B. »

Hello,
I have an idea how to use VM with Reason (and other incompatible DAWs if any) without waiting for Propellerhead to make it compatible.
Would you like to prepare a simple vst plugin that inserted into Reason or any other DAW would control standalone VM instances (start, stop, clock)?
Similar thing is made in Loopcloud sample manager.
Or
Make a module that can hear external midi clock with start and stop commands to synchronise VM to external midi clock.
nekomatic

Re: Standalone Voltage Modular sync to Reason

Post by nekomatic »

Depends on OS, on Windows you may use vitrual MIDI and Audio cables and link both applications like independend devices.
Audio - Breakaway Pipeline Control Panel
MIDI - loopMIDI
There should be similar solutions for MAC, I believe vitrual MIDI may actually be built in - but I don't use my Mac for audio so I never tried...
Mariusz B.

Post by Mariusz B. »

nekomatic wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:28 pm Depends on OS, on Windows you may use vitrual MIDI and Audio cables and link both applications like independend devices.
Audio - Breakaway Pipeline Control Panel
MIDI - loopMIDI
There should be similar solutions for MAC, I believe vitrual MIDI may actually be built in - but I don't use my Mac for audio so I never tried...
Yea, the virtual midi is not a problem I use it all the time. But I can't find a module in VM that can hear that virtual/external midi clock (sent from a DAW, hardware device etc.).
I'm on Windows btw.
Cheers
nekomatic

Post by nekomatic »

Voltage can be controlled like that from an external device - it does pass soome transpotr triggers, tempo etc. - it works nicely in VST mode, haven't tried that in standalone but I guess It should just work as well... Unfortunately it doesnt seem to be any module which does the opopsite... like controlling transport of another device. I may possibly look into building something like that but since my todo list is quite long it may be a couple of weeks after the holiday seaon.. Unless the nice guys from Cherry Audio do it quicker :)

Return to “Voltage Modular”