Anagram - text not lining up on display/no tooltips

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
AndyMac

Anagram - text not lining up on display/no tooltips

Post by AndyMac »

Just trying out Anagram. On my PC, the text is not lining up on the display (see screen shot) and the knobs are not labelled (tooltips) so no way to know which is which without opening the help page.
Annotation 2019-07-25 081133.png
Annotation 2019-07-25 081133.png (58.37 KiB) Viewed 5011 times
martb

Re: Anagram - text not lining up on display/no tooltips

Post by martb »

I was going to post the same thing. It seems that at 100% gui zoom or less the text doesn't line up correctly but if you set the zoom to 110% or more then it appears as it should.
bendedavis

Post by bendedavis »

I found the issue. I had only uploaded a hi res version of the final background. I think the lo res version may have been of a previous test but it didn't show up when I published the module to the store. I just made a lo res version of the final background and re uploaded both. It's back in the store for approval. I'll post here when it's ready.
Captain

Post by Captain »

Darn, I just realized I have only supplied the hi-res BG for all my modules. Somehow I always thought it's enough and the lo-res version is optional, but I just noticed that if you zoom far back enough, the BG changes to something else (which looks like an old cached version of the BG image, or something?). Oh well, I'll fix it asap. You live and you learn. :D In a future update, maybe supplying one image would be enough, and VM / Module Designer could just scale that?

EDIT: Checking my older modules, I noticed I had cheated a little and specified the same (hires) image for both the lores and hires backgrounds. Which seems to work just as well, or at least I can't see any problems?
nekomatic

Post by nekomatic »

This may be an issue with some subpixel detail you would like to preserve. Various image manipulation tools provide vaious scaling algorithms and it is not up to the VM to select how to scale the images, but even with that you may need to edit some low res details manually... But thats an extreeme scenario :)
The VMD toolchain still requires many manual steps, easy to forget something - I gess everyone pays attention to a diffrent detail.

Personally I would like to see an option to use SVGs for the background...
Captain

Post by Captain »

nekomatic wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:32 pm This may be an issue with some subpixel detail you would like to preserve. Various image manipulation tools provide vaious scaling algorithms and it is not up to the VM to select how to scale the images, but even with that you may need to edit some low res details manually... But thats an extreeme scenario :)
Yeah, that crossed my mind too, you have slightly more control over things when you make the lo-res version yourself (maybe you could even use a bigger font for some text, etc). But yes, it’s a pretty theoretical advantage, and anyway a 360 px tall background is already so small that whatever is there is going to be pretty messy, no matter what. :D
nekomatic wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:32 pm The VMD toolchain still requires many manual steps, easy to forget something - I gess everyone pays attention to a diffrent detail.
Exactly. :) But I hope / I’m sure it will get better and easier.
nekomatic wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:32 pm Personally I would like to see an option to use SVGs for the background...
Hmm, isn’t that possible already? Haven’t tried it myself, but I just happened to re-check the section about backgrounds in the Programmer’s Guide, and it says that you only need to have one BG image if it’s an SVG file. EDIT: Tried it, and yes, it certainly works!
nekomatic

Post by nekomatic »

Captain wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:41 pm Hmm, isn’t that possible already? Haven’t tried it myself, but I just happened to re-check the section about backgrounds in the Programmer’s Guide, and it says that you only need to have one BG image if it’s an SVG file. EDIT: Tried it, and yes, it certainly works!
Wow, how could I missed that...! I blame the weather... :D
martb

Post by martb »

It's a shame that the demo only lasts for one day - I hadn't really had a chance to try it out properly and had assumed that it was a seven day demo period like all the other stuff - oh well...
bendedavis

Post by bendedavis »

It's been updated now. I also lowered the price to $10 and extended the demo to 10 days.
martb

Post by martb »

bendedavis wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:43 am It's been updated now. I also lowered the price to $10 and extended the demo to 10 days.
Thanks Ben. As the demo period had already expired I wasn't able to use it anymore - I just bought it instead! :)

Return to “Voltage Modular”