ESP-20 Processor, Hex Phaser, and some great new features!

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

ESP-20 Processor, Hex Phaser, and some great new features!

Post by Cherry Dan »

We've got some exciting new modules hitting the store today, as well as a new update to Voltage Modular with some really nice new features, so let's get right to it!

ESP-20 Processor

The ESP-20 Processor ($10), now part of our MS Vintage Bundle ($30), recreates the slightly bizarre and endlessly useful External Signal Processor section of the classic MS-20 synthesizer. This includes a low cut filter, a high cut filter, gate and trigger outputs with a threshold setting, and an envelope follower. But the star of the show is the Frequency to Voltage converter, which analyzes incoming audio and generates matching voltages for controlling oscillator pitch and envelope amplitude. This lets you "play" Voltage Modular by singing, playing guitar, or any other monophonic signal source. ESP-20's frequency converter has a much wider range than the original for increased functionality, while still retaining the quirkiness of the original. Best of all, existing owners of the MS Vintage Bundle will find this new module is already in their library! This video shows some of the bizarre and inspiring ways the ESP-20 can be used:

https://youtu.be/BAV758rCDXk

Hex Phaser

The Hex Phaser ($10) just might be the most powerful, most flexible stereo phaser every created for a modular synthesizer. Everything on it is adjustable, including both the number of active stages and the stage at which feedback is introduced. Rate, depth, bandwidth, and feedback amount are fully modulatable. The unique Stereo Offset control changes the phase relationship between the LFO for the left channel and the LFO for the right channel, and modulating this control can lead to phaser heaven. An external LFO or other voltage source can even be used in place of Hex Phaser's built-in LFO! In short, there are a massive number of different tone colors available with this phaser. Check out this video for an introduction to Hex Phaser's intense capabilities:

https://youtu.be/c4I7LUy1_S0

Voltage Modular 1.3.14

You've asked us for some important features, and we've listened. The new Voltage Modular 1.3.14 update includes some really useful features:

[*]The Plug-in Host and Mini Plug-in Host modules can now load plug-in files with multiple embedded plug-in files. When choosing a plug-in with multiple choices, you'll see a dialog like this one, and you'll be able to choose which embedded plug-in you'd like to load:

[*]Voltage Modular's current Zoom setting will be remembered from session to session.

Module Designer 1.3.14

Module Designer has also been updated with some nice features, including a new preference for turning off tooltips in the module/library tree views, and the ability to set polyphony in the test app. Plus we added the ability to properly compile source code with Unicode characters embedded in it, and we fixed an issue where templatized class names or classes that derived from or implemented templatized interfaces (i.e. ClassName<type>) weren't showing up properly in the 'module' tree view.

As always, Voltage Modular will download the update automatically, but you can click "Check For Update" in the Account page of Voltage Modular's setting dialog, or you can visit https://store.cherryaudio.com/my/library, to download the update immediately!

Finally, there are quite a lot of exciting new 3rd party modules due out in the couple of weeks, from both existing and new developers, and we'll let you know when they hit the Module Store!
ne.spesha

Re: ESP-20 Processor, Hex Phaser, and some great new features!

Post by ne.spesha »

Is it possible to check changelog for modules for core?
PaleSkinnySwede

Post by PaleSkinnySwede »

Wow! Awesome work guys!

The ESP-20 will keep me busy tonight... ;)
xenabeatch

Post by xenabeatch »

Awesome stuff. Would also like to know about the module updates if they were consequential. Loving playing with VM and learning new stuff every day!
Benard

Post by Benard »

It's really nice to see that several of our recent requests have already been implemented in this new version! Thanks for listening to you users CA, and great job on the new modules!

I also noticed that Dan mentioned that there are some new 3rd party modules coming soon, but he forgot to mention that my new bundle of mini modules is already available at the store:

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/m ... les-bundle

I have several other new and exciting modules that will be released soon, but I though I should just mention the release of this bundle for now, in case some people missed it.

Cheers!
martb

Post by martb »

Cherry Dan wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:30 am The ESP-20 Processor ($10)...
I can add it to the cart but on check out it tells me it must be purchased as part of the bundle. Is that correct?
Cherry Dan
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Dan »

martb wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:34 pm I can add it to the cart but on check out it tells me it must be purchased as part of the bundle. Is that correct?
The ESP-20 Processor should be available for individual sale now.

Thanks,
Dan

Return to “Voltage Modular”