Help! Does this Module Exist? A MIDI Thing

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Re: Help! Does this Module Exist? A MIDI Thing

Post by Cherry Garcia »

It looks like we don't have an option to do this (edit: at least with CA modules). Using the Module Designer, you could program this very easily. If you aren't a programmer, it would be hard, of course. A dev out there could easily build this and then send you the module designer project file. From there, you'd be able to compile it and publish it for your own personal use. (It would not be on the store.) The module designer is free for anyone making personal modules like this. I hope this helps!
Benard

Post by Benard »

If I understand correctly what you want to do, I think you're just missing a sample and hold in the patch to keep the CV, and you could use something like a trigger to gate to keep the gate high. This wouldn't be very precise for note on and off times, but it's a start. I've made a quick example using the Benard Trigger Counter (you should be able to do it with the switch as well, but this gives you more flexibility) that plays every 3rd note on the keyboard, and sustains the note for the amount set in the trigger to gate. The right side of the patch is just to test inside VM, getting the MIDI back and triggering an envelope and oscillator, as I just put this together quickly in the stand alone VM. Hope this helps.

I can probably throw together a module that does what you want specifically, once I'm done with the modules I'm currently building. But not sure when I'd be able to get around to it.

Cheers!
Attachments
Play every 3rd Note From Keyboard.voltagepreset
(10.44 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Post by Cherry Garcia »

Bernard,

It'd be cool if the module was a general purpose 'memory' module for midi / and or cv.

Return to “Voltage Modular”