VCV Rack Plugins

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
lycosa

VCV Rack Plugins

Post by lycosa »

I'm running the demo of Voltage Modular and so far I'm very impressed with it. How it integrates into a DAW has got me hooked.

Just wondering, I don't suppose it's possible to use VCV rack's plugins in Voltage Modular? I searched the forum and it didn't turn up anything.

It's not a deal breaker, but I've already bought Vult modules and a lot of others for VCV rack and it would be awesome if somehow I could use them in Voltage Modular. My hopes aren't up or anything, but having spent around $100-150 on those modules and having to buy them again if I found I couldn't live without them would kind of suck...

Thanks for any info that could be provided. :)
HowlingMod

Re: VCV Rack Plugins

Post by HowlingMod »

lycosa wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:08 pm I'm running the demo of Voltage Modular and so far I'm very impressed with it. How it integrates into a DAW has got me hooked.

Just wondering, I don't suppose it's possible to use VCV rack's plugins in Voltage Modular? I searched the forum and it didn't turn up anything.

It's not a deal breaker, but I've already bought Vult modules and a lot of others for VCV rack and it would be awesome if somehow I could use them in Voltage Modular. My hopes aren't up or anything, but having spent around $100-150 on those modules and having to buy them again if I found I couldn't live without them would kind of suck...

Thanks for any info that could be provided. :)
they are a totally different framework, VM and VCV, modules made for VCV work only for.. VCV..

that is the way of soft-modulars nowawadays. you could run, eventually, VCV, within VM, when it becomes a plugin, or vice versa.

for all soft-modulars on the market, there is no real standard, like VST (or AU, or... but VST is mainly the standard).

in a way a pity.
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
lycosa

Post by lycosa »

Thanks for the reply. I figured as much and wasn't holding onto hope. Other than VCV rack I own a few other modular vst's, but they don't have the freedom that VCV rack does, but VCV has it's own major shortcomings. Voltage Modular definitely surpassed the limitations of VCV rack and so far, has worked seamlessly in my DAW.

I just wish I wouldn't have invested into VCV rack like I have. Without DAW integration, VCV rack is fun, but it's kind of a novelty and the 'bridge' they added to it is clunky at best.

So... yeah, payday I'll be ugrading from the demo to the bundle version. It's an amazing sound 'sandbox' and some of the features they integrated are so perfect and easy to use. I'm sold.
HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

lycosa wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:26 pm Thanks for the reply. I figured as much and wasn't holding onto hope. Other than VCV rack I own a few other modular vst's, but they don't have the freedom that VCV rack does, but VCV has it's own major shortcomings. Voltage Modular definitely surpassed the limitations of VCV rack and so far, has worked seamlessly in my DAW.

I just wish I wouldn't have invested into VCV rack like I have. Without DAW integration, VCV rack is fun, but it's kind of a novelty and the 'bridge' they added to it is clunky at best.

So... yeah, payday I'll be ugrading from the demo to the bundle version. It's an amazing sound 'sandbox' and some of the features they integrated are so perfect and easy to use. I'm sold.
when VCV comes as a plugin, you can use what have bought. why not more modular vst's? i have reaktor 6.3 full (komplete ultimate 11), softube modular (all modules, except heartbeat and the big tsar, eats money... but bought the basics and more all in sale), modular V3, arp 2600 etc . (arturia collection 6).

but i agee, beside the vintage emulations, it is difficult to choose which one you invest in, i invested in VM, reaktor (rack packs, toyboxaudio and UA euro reakt), and a bit in VCV, but i do not use it anymore. VM i like more, reaktor en softube modular. all different way of use, strangely, mainly softube modular of course, not so many modules, and emulation, but i can great things in it. VM the workflow! is great, and makes you experiment more easily.

by the way ignite is now in sale, cherry dan (of cherry audio, he calls himself cherry dan) said it himself; if you buy ignite and then upgrade to the full bundle (and the full bundle is already great, you can do a lot with it), it is cheaper, than when you buy the full bundle directly. do the math yourself, because i never trust my memory... it is on sale at jrrrshop, for instance, don't know where you live, the ignite bundle,
is $26,10 at checkout. the upgrade is $49 here in the cherry store. i do not see, but it can be me, the upgrade in jrrshop. perhaps other sites.

enjoy!
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

Return to “Voltage Modular”